• Tweets

• Firstly, and sorry for not asking earlier but have you submitted your DQ yet?
    • As suggested by JK2054 I'll email Evri to their small claims email address, attaching the label and collection receipt and quoting the Money Claims ref number. Is there anything else in addition to sending the email I should do at this stage? Rgds, J
    • Hi, I'd change justice centre to county court. I also wouldn't be including a telegraph article in the bundle. It doens't prove anything law and you don't have distribution rights on it. I also wouldn't personally break down the exhibits on the index page, normally people have a seperate page for this right before the exhibits. The main index page normally just says Exhibits to WX of [Your Name] or at least that's the format I use/see people here use, although really it makes minimal difference.   I also see that despite referencing several judgements you haven't included the EVRi one   paragraph 46 really needs to go imo it has nothing to do with anything. Your in court to apply the law to your case, not to tell the judge about a newspaper that means nothing to your claim.   I also see you've adopted the issues in dispute/not in dispute, which is also known as a scott schedule. if you are taking this approach, for things not in dispute I would say this needs to be things that are agreed between parties, not things like "There is no dispute that I am happy to supply all this evidence which is included in the court bundle." I would say that issues in dispute is to focus on the aspects of the claim that are in dispute, such as whether liability is limited by insurance or not, so I'd be changing that accordingly.   BF should be along shortly to advise on things.
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • J, I just numbered them like that; once the witness statement is made, I'll add it to the pages.   The court date has been set as 02 July 2024. Please find attached V6. I will send an unredacted to the email.  claim budle_V6.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

dont want to make any mistakes *Partial Success*

Dawnb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I posted my first letter and enclosed £10.00 to the Bank of Scotland on 26th June 2006. so heres hoping that they will have received it yesterday, Can anyone advise what the BOS are doing after receiving the first letter, and how far do we have to take them before they pay out what is due to us, if they do.

BOS-CC

21.6.6 - DPL pstd, 24.7.6 - Plm Ltr £2928.77 ,01.8.6 - Ltr rcvd from BOS- fob OFF,04.8.6 - LBA pstd,06 - Sm Clms fr crt,12.9.6 - rcvd £868.35 part pymnt, £2198.67,12.9.6-ltr acptng pp and lba,

31.10.6 - Sm clms fr crt

BOS-Crt(2)

21.6.6-DPL pstd,04.8.6-Plm Ltr £4824.93,24.8.6-LBA pstd

RBS1

24.7.6-DPL pstd,05.9.6-Plm ltr £3232.47,19.9.6-LBA,31.10.6-sm clms crt Won

RBS2

18.9.6-DPL pstd,08.11.06-plm ltr £1,138.51 Won

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i posted my first letter on 26th June 2006 along with my £10.00 fee asking for a list of unlawful charges et.., can anyone please advise what i do now or do i wait on a reply, the reply has to be within 40 days (am i correct) i am just quite anxious because i do not want to miss out on the money due to myself.:???:

BOS-CC

21.6.6 - DPL pstd, 24.7.6 - Plm Ltr £2928.77 ,01.8.6 - Ltr rcvd from BOS- fob OFF,04.8.6 - LBA pstd,06 - Sm Clms fr crt,12.9.6 - rcvd £868.35 part pymnt, £2198.67,12.9.6-ltr acptng pp and lba,

31.10.6 - Sm clms fr crt

BOS-Crt(2)

RBS1

RBS2

Yes Dawn, you wait until your DPA request is actioned, they have 40 days to comply with it. While you're waiting read the step by step guide in the FAQ section of this site. It will help you see the process involved in claiming back your charges.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

Hi Dawn,

Pam's right, you've just got to sit tight at this stage I'm afraid!

Once you've received your statements through & totted up the amounts, your next step is the Preliminary letter to ask for all the charges back, giving 14 days to do so.

After that is your Lette Before Action, again giving a further 14 days, and after that, if you've not got your refund... it's time to start Court action.

Keep us updated, there's help here if you need it!

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

Hi Dawn,

Pam's right, you've just got to sit tight at this stage I'm afraid!

Once you've received your statements through & totted up the amounts, your next step is the Preliminary letter to ask for all the charges back, giving 14 days to do so.

After that is your Lette Before Action, again giving a further 14 days, and after that, if you've not got your refund... it's time to start Court action.

Keep us updated, there's help here if you need it!

Many thanks for keeping me right i am not wanting to go wrong in this and the support i am receiving from the forum is giving me the push and confidence that i need

BOS-CC

31.10.6 - Sm clms fr crt

BOS-Crt(2)

RBS1

RBS2

The words I got from BOS's own in-house solicitor is that they'll only pay out after they're forced to - i.e. upon receipt of a Court Claim.

HOWEVER, don't let that put you off taking the standard steps before that stage.

Keeps us posted and we'll do what we can to help.

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

I posted my letter on 26th June 2006 so the Bank of Scotland must have received it, my only concern is that i never posted it recorded delivery but i did send a cheque and the cheque isn't off the account yet.

Did anyone phone the bank to see if their letter had been received or do we just wait the 40 days

Dawn

BOS-CC

31.10.6 - Sm clms fr crt

BOS-Crt(2)

RBS1

RBS2

Hi Dawn,

Do you have Tele Banking?

I requested all details over the telephone & they arrived about a week later, although I must admit they sent me wrong information. If doing so by phone, the request is forwarded to another section who posts it out, but the fact that you called requesting this info is exactly the same action as writng a letter, but only quicker.

The charge is levied on your a/c when the info is posted.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys,

i posted my letter the same day as my friend and she has received her statements through the post and i have never received anything. i sent another letter along with a postal order for £10.00(recorded delivery) this time. how can i contact the bank to make sure that they have received my first letter or do i just wait

dawn

BOS-CC

31.10.6 - Sm clms fr crt

BOS-Crt(2)

RBS1

RBS2

If it was sent recorded delivery you should have the receipt type thing, just go to the royal mail website and see if its been delivered, if it has just sit tight and wait for your statements to arrive :-)

:eek: hiya,

i received my bank statements this morning, although they were only up until 2004 and i never received all statements for all the accounts that i asked for, do i write and ask where the rest are or does anyone know if they come in installments?

What do i do now? i know that may seem dumb but do i check every statement and where it says charge then do i calculate it up, i cannot find the worksheet template in the action group templates section, can anyone please help me with that aswell.

many thanks

the pest

BOS-CC

31.10.6 - Sm clms fr crt

BOS-Crt(2)

RBS1

RBS2

Guest BlueRuby

I presume you sent the Data Protection Act letter to the bank - did you enclose the £10? If you've asked for statements for several accounts they may well come in instalments. If they don't turn up, try phoning the branch and asking where they are!

:eek: hiya, i cannot find the worksheet template in the action group templates section, can anyone please help me with that aswell.

Go to the Bank Templates Library, find 'Interest calculation spreadsheets' and download Vampiress's spreadsheet. It's brilliant and will do all the calculations for you. I'd go through your statements and highlight all the charges and interest then enter it in the spreadsheet. Also, read the notes that come with the spreadsheet. Also, if you haven't already done so, read the FAQ's and nearly all your questions will be answered there, otherwise just ask for help and someone will come through for you!!:-D

i know i must sound really dumb asking stupid questions all of the time but i have received my statements in from the bank am i correct in thinking that i now download the spreadsheet and enter the amounts i have been charged.

can anyone please enlighten me in to what i can claim for, can i claim for the charges everymonth for having an overdraft.

Is there a letter that i send along with the completed spread sheet to the bank.

and question number 3 what happens next !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-x :o

BOS-CC

31.10.6 - Sm clms fr crt

BOS-Crt(2)

RBS1

RBS2

Hi Dawn

Yes you are right, you need to get the spreadsheet and work out how much they owe you, so you can send your first letter out.

You can't claim for charges for having an overdraft, but you can claim for bounced d/d, s/o and cheques and late fee payments and interest caused by charges making you go overdrawn.

Once you know how much you owe, you sent the prelim letter out, here is a link for a template:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-letter-preliminary-approach-repayment.html.

After that you will receive some standard letters basically saying we haven't done anything worng (if you look around the site you will probably find the exact one!!). After the 14 day deadline you then send out the LBA letter.

Best of luck

Carly

Lloyds TSB credit card-Judgement by default filed 8/06/07

Virgin credit card-£120 claimed Settled in full

Business barclaycard-£200 claimed Settled in full

Business a/c-£961.31 claimed Settled in full

NatWest personal a/c-£3010.28 claimed Settled in full

Abbey business a/c-£2390.96 Settled in full

Halifax personal a/c-£497 claimed Settled in full

HSBC credit card-£175.65 claimed Settled in full

Co-op credit card-£150 claimed Settled in full

NatWest business a/c-£250.00 claimed Settled in full

Halifax personal a/c2-£336 claimed Settled in full

Lloyds Business a/c-£1027 claimed Settled in full:lol:

Guest BlueRuby

Dawn, you must read the FAQ's and at least some of the other threads in this forum, then all will become clear, I promise :)

Also, I think the mods will want you to keep to one thread otherwise it gets confusing :)

:confused:

me again, i know i might sound very dumb and yes i am waiting on a reply from someone telling me again to read the faq's which i have done over and over again but i dont want to mess up on any of this and loose out.

i have downloaded the excell spreadsheet and filled it in

1. Do i send a letter with the filled in spread sheet,

2. what is the interest column for and also the amount of days, do i take this out or fill it in

3. why do scottish courts only pay out 750.00

4 will i split my claim into totals of 750's

thanks again for your help and please don't be ****ed off with me for not being as bright as everyone else

:oops: :oops:

BOS-CC

31.10.6 - Sm clms fr crt

BOS-Crt(2)

RBS1

RBS2

hiya,

i have read the faq's over and over again, i just don't want to make a mistake in anything and must not be picking things up as quickly as everyone else

Can you please explain to me that you mean by keeping to one thread, i wasn't aware that i was doing anything wrong. i was only asking for advice and can only apologise

BOS-CC

31.10.6 - Sm clms fr crt

BOS-Crt(2)

RBS1

RBS2

Don't worry Dawn, we are all here to help.

A thread is a posting you have started, like this one. Perhaps you have started the same subject in two sepearate threads, so the post was suggesting that you stick to this one or just one from now on. Record all your info in the one place and then people can clearly view what has happened to you and identify what help you need.

Hth

Carly

Can you please explain to me that you mean by keeping to one thread, i wasn't aware that i was doing anything wrong. i was only asking for advice and can only apologise

You had 6 threads on the go all about the same claim - it gets very confusing for people trying to follow your progress and/or trying to give advice.

I have now merged your threads - please keep to this thread for any further updates/queries relating to this claim.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thats me filled in my spread sheet i have taken out the colummn for interest (is this correct) because i am only sending the amount due along with the preliminary letter.

My total amounts to £2,761.00 but as we are only allowed to claim for £750.00 at a time in Scotland do i send the full amount or do i send 3 different letters asking for £750.00 until i get the amount due. I have 4 different accounts with the BOS but i am only dealing with one account at a time, Is this the right thing to do or should i claim for all accounts at once.

i know that i ask stupid questions that have already been answered but i am quite anxious about claiming all this money back and don't want to muck up or anything.

Thanks again for the help and support that i am receiving from all you guys and i hope that i am using the threads the way the should be used and not mucking the forum up.

BOS-CC

31.10.6 - Sm clms fr crt

BOS-Crt(2)

RBS1

RBS2

i had a bank account with the royal bank of scotland around four years ago but i don't remember my bank account. i am still paying off my credit card with them, can i still claim for the charges that they took off of me although i don't have an account with them anymore and can i claim the same way as i am doing with the BOS for my credit card charges

thanks

BOS-CC

31.10.6 - Sm clms fr crt

BOS-Crt(2)

RBS1

RBS2

can i still claim for the charges that they took off of me although i don't have an account with them anymore

can i claim the same way as i am doing with the BOS for my credit card charges

Hi Dawn,

Yes and Yes!

Carly

hiya

Do i just write a letter to the RBS giving them my name and address along with the £10.00 fee and let them find my account number or do will i have to phone them and ask them first for my account number that i had with them

thanks again

BOS-CC

31.10.6 - Sm clms fr crt

BOS-Crt(2)

RBS1

RBS2

Hi Dawn

Personally I would give them a call and try and get the information before they know why you want it, just in case they start stalling on giving you the a/c details.

Carly

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my prelim letter to the BOS for one account on 24th July along with my spreadsheet with the amounts on. I have received a letter from them this morning which i have retyped..

" I write in response to your letter regarding the above acc. Naturally i am concerened that you have found cause for complaint and at the outset please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this matter has caused you. I appreciate your concerns regarding the above acc and note that you are aware of the OFT's statement published in april regarding the default charges. We disagreee with the legal analysis of the default fees outlined in the OFT's statement but are at this time working in conjunction with the OFT. Although they believe charges are to be no higher that £12.00, there has not been any legislation passed which would force us to reduce our charges on our ban acc products at this time.

However the group has confirmed that it will be reducing default fees accross its credit card product range to £12.00 from the 1st August 2006. Unfortunately it is not possible to provide you with a breakdown of how we arrive at the level of our charges as it is an internal policy and is different for each type of charge, however please accept my assurance that our charges on our bank acc/credit cards are a genuine pre-estimate of costs that generally arise when customers breach their agreements with us. They cannot take into acccount the individual circumstances of each particular case. In the circumstances we do not agree with you that they represent an unlawful penalty or unfair term under the unfair term in consumer contracts regulations.

It is the customers responsibility to ensure that funds are available to cover direct debit/standing orders, cheque payments and also charges due to be debited from their acc. we give an adequeate notification period of up to 28 days to allow you time to make provision for pending charges and also advise that you will receive urther charges if your account is not conducted inline with the terms and conditions. i am sorry that this letter may not provide you with the response you are seeking, however i trust this clarifies matters for you. You have recently received a leaflet, which explains our complaints procedure. should any of your concerns remain unresolved please let me know what you would like me to do to put matters right. we are keen to resolve your concerns. if we are unable to do so we will provide you with details of how you can contact the financial ombudsman service for assistance if i don't hear from you within the next 8 weeks i will assume you are satisfied with your response to your letter.

Dawn Hudson

Customer Care Manager, Retail Bank Collections

Does this mean that the bank are saying that they are within their rights to charge this. Can anyone please help me and advise me what I do now..................or is this the end.

Many thanks

BOS-CC

31.10.6 - Sm clms fr crt

BOS-Crt(2)

RBS1

RBS2