• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Car Finance re-written?

hedgehog0045
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I took out a welcome car finance loan back in 2002 which was paid off in full by mid 2003. The question I have is, firstly, how do I find out the agreement number and get a copy of the agreement and secondly as I was self employed at the time am I right in thinking any PPI was missold?

In the poop without a scoop....

Hello and welcome:)))

First of all read PPI - Some Notes for Claimants.. by reidnet...

Sandy is right, but with DATA PROTECTION ACT you can also send £1 with CCA...A CCA request costs a statutory £1 and is a request for a copy of your executed.

This is first step in a long way. Also read Welcome Finance any dealings??? i believe there are a lot of Welcome car finance customers... If you need a help to culculate Mis-sold PPI+ interest..PM to reidnet or Vampiress..they are very helpfull.....

Good luck....

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

I took out a car loan with welcome at the rate of £297 per month over 48 months for a £6295 car. After 24 months I was struggling with finances and they said they could reduce the payments and restructure the loan. The new payments are £197 which is more manageable however I have only just realised they have spread the payments over 50months!!!

All in all for a £ 6295 car I will end up paying -:

24 x £297 = £7128

50 x £197 = £9850

TOTAL = £16978.

Can I get this looked into by CAB or someone. This has got to be unlawful somehow.

Ack!

OK you need to check what amount they are refinancing for you and what it is made up of. However you do need to realise that £297 over 48 months was already £14,256! This figure should have been given to you on any loan - total amount repaid - altho they are always scary. What interest rate and APR did they quote you? Check on the original paperwork.

Also is this another 50 months or a total of 50 of which you have already completed 24?

I am pretty sure that it's legal whatever the answers, sadly it seems that no-one thinks there should be a ceiling on interest rates (except I think I heard something about new laws to limit doorstep lending rates - which are the highest as they generally go to the poorest and least able to access mainstream finance) so unless anyone knows differently I think your best bet is to get out and refinance at a better rate if you can do that. Oh and if you do, read the small print carefully. ;)

Hi Claire,

Sorry, just read the original agreement, it was 36 months not 48. :)

I have paid off 24 months which left a balance of approx. £3564.

The restructured loan is supposed to be the £3564 spread over 50 months. This means I am paying back £9850 for a £3564 loan.

Looking at it more constructively, I guess the original loan was not too bad in terms of the amount being repaid. The restructured loan is just a rip off.

The interest rate on the original loan was 25.5%APR. with 23.5% APR on the PPI.

I have notice over the period of my previous loan (24mths) I have been charged £460 in fees broken down as £5 telephone charges and £25 for letters.

Can I claim any of these back as with the bank process?

£25 a letter is excessive and can be reclaimed, Telephone calls are more difficult since it is possible that a call could cost that much depending

on the length of call, when it happened and at what rate calls are charged.

you would probably need to send them an sar witha specific request added

for further details o the cost of those calls to them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of questions which I would like clarifying :)

1) Are the charges of £25 for visits unlawful and can I claim them back.

2) Can I request that they only correspond by letter?

Thanks

not sure about the visits. Depends what you are claiming for????

And yes you can request they only respond in writing.

The teamplate you need in the letters templates archive.

I ve just had some success with Welcome getting a default removed, whats your problem maybe i can help or point you in the right direction

I have a couple of questions which I would like clarifying :)

1) Are the charges of £25 for visits unlawful and can I claim them back.

2) Can I request that they only correspond by letter?

Thanks

1) unsure on that as they *may* be proportionate, although you can request that they no longer visit you

2) yes

• 1 year later...

I had a car loan with welcome which was re-written into a personal loan to lower the payments. After falling on difficult times again with finances I have missed several payments in a row.

Welcome now want to come out to the house tonight to arrange to re write the loan again to lower payments etc.

This will mean the loan has been re written twice , thus I will be pying a hell of a lot back overall.

What should I do?

If I don't let them re write the loan what are my options in terms of paying the loan back etc.

Bumping for a response, please.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 7 months later...

I have received court papers for a debt I have with Welcome, however I want to dispute the charges they have wacked me for over the last few years.

Do I complete the court papers and ask for a payment plan or do I dispute the amount and ask for a hearing whilst sending an SAR to Welcome?

hi hedgehog

to begin with dispute the whole claim, you will be defending

send this to welcome by special delievery or recorded

you have 14 days to acknowledge the claim so no panic yet

please give as much detail as you can

i take it these muppets stung you for ppi

send this by special deliever delivery to the opposing solicitors -

Dear Sir,

Re: (Claimant's name) v (Your name) Case No:

CPR 31.14 Request

On (date) I received the Claim Form in this case issued by you out of the (Name) County Court.

I confirm having returned my acknowledgement of service to the court in which I indicate my intention to contest all of your claim.

Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of [each of the following / the] document(s) mentioned in your Particulars of Claim:

1 the agreement. You will appreciate that in an ordinary case and by reason of the provisions of CPR PD 16 para 7.3, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.

2 the default notice

Your client should ensure compliance with its CPR 31 duties and ensure that the documents I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter. Your CPR 31 duties extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for the originals of the documents I have requested, the better for you to be able to verify the document's authenticity and to provide me with a legible copy. Further, where I have requested a copy of a document, the original of which is now in the possession of another person, you will have a right to possession of that document if you have mentioned it in your case. You must take immediate steps to recover and preserve it for the purpose of this case.

Where I have mentioned a document and there is in your possession more than one version of that same document owing to a modification, obliteration or other marking or feature, each version will be a separate document and you must provide a copy of each version of it to me. Your obligations extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for any version(s) to include an obligation to recover and preserve such version(s) which are now in the possession of a third party.

3 payment protection insurance policy

i require your client to release all the details stated below in regards to this policy

full copies or transcripts of any correspondents in postel, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organisation or third party which contains my personel or financial, or which partains to me, including correspondence to the underwriter of any insurance policies and details of the relevent insurance premium tax (IPT) payable on any single premium policies. please ensure how much tax was payable, who payment was made to, and the date of this payment.

i also require your client to disclose the total ammount payable to direct group who you report to administer any policy and any commision payments welcome financial services received.

as this is subject to litigation on behalf of your client, corporate sensativity does not apply and an order through the court for compliance will be requested.

i also require confirmation from you, with supporting evidence, that the sales person was qualified to sell the ppi insurance at the time of application.

In accordance with CPR 31.15© I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing. You must tell me before the time for compliance with this request has expired. In telling me you require more time you must tell me what steps you have taken and propose to take in order to comply with this request and also state a date by when you will comply with this request. In addition your statement must be accompanied with a statement that you agree to an extension of the time for me to file my defence. Your extension of time must be not less than 14 days from the date when you say you will have complied with my request and you must state the new date for filing my defence.

If you are unable to comply with this request and believe that you will never be able to comply with this request you must tell me in writing.

Please note that if you should fail to comply with this request, fail to request more time or fail to agree to an extension of time for the filing of my defence, I will make an application to the court for an order that the proceedings be struck out or stayed for non-compliance and a summary costs order.

I do hope this will not be necessary and look forward to hearing from you.

yours faithfully

• 1 month later...

I had a car on finance which after 12 months I had to return as I was unable to keep up the payments. The car was returned to the finance company and sold at auction.

I then received an letter informing me of the shortfall and asking for my proposals to clear the balance of £6000.

Before I have had a chance to reply I have received a 'statement' in the post informing me of my new loan and the repayment amounts and length of loan etc ??

It seems they have turned the outstanding balance into a loan and are now charging me £309 a month for 49 months which equates to £15181.67 ??

What the ???

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I had Welcome finance take out a ccj for a £7k debt earlier this year. I sent the papers back to late and the ccj was awarded.

Yesterday I received a letter from their solicitors stating that a couple of weeks ago they obtained an interim charging order and that they would be applying for the full order mid May.

I never received anything to say they would be going for an interim order otherwise I would have attended the hearing?

What should I do?:idea:

need a little bit more history please, esp on your ccj.

but i'd start the process of getting the ccj set aside.

there must be a reason to get this to happen

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HI all,

I took out car finance with welcome back in 2006. After a while I got into payment difficulty and they re-wrote the finance into a loan. The new loan was over a longer period @ £100 a month lower than the original payments. Again after coping for a while I was out of work for 5 months and could not make adequate payments.

Welcome then served a default notice and applied for the CCJ in Dec 08. The CCJ was awarded in Jan 09 as I failed to respond in the required timescale.

The next thing I know is I receive a letter from their solicitors informing me that on the 17th March 09 they had secured an interim charging order which would be going to court again in May for a full order to be made.

I never received any papers relating to the interim charging order and I am now wondering how I can get myself into a payment plan rather than have an order on the house.

Incidentally I have just notice that the copy of the credit agreement I have is not dated. Does this have any bearing on anything?