NU Home Insurance Cancelation fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Need some advise.

My home insurance renewal was due at the start of this month, the renewal cost from NU for astronomical, I could get it half the price elsewhere.

The policy's in my wife's name, but I contacted NU and asked them to go through thte policy and see if we could get the cost down. We discussed all aspects of the policy in this attempt but NU could not get anywhere near my other quotes.

I informed the call centre operator that we would not be re-newing the policy. She informed I could not cancel the policy because it was in my wifes name and the data protection act would not allow me to cancel it. This, after discussing everything in the policy with me for 10 minutes. I informed her I would be cancelling the direct debit and my wife would call to confirm.

She (we) forgot...........

We have now received a bill for the insurance and after a phone call from my wife NU want a £60 cancelation fee.

Can I dispute this? It seems unfair and excesive.

And to pull the data protect card on me after discussing the policy for 10 minutes seems wrong.

Cheers

Darp

Guest Aviva Support

darp

When you were talking to the representative were they discussing what you actually had on your policy, or what you could have?

That could make a difference. I'd be happy to have a look and see if there is anything that can be done, however it is correct, that your wife needs to make the changes as it is her policy.

If you'd like to discuss this further my email address is [email protected]

Becca

Becca

Thanks for the reply - Indeed we discussed all aspects of the policy and not once was my wife's name mentioned. Until I mentioned not re-newing....

I've left all my paperwork at work:-(

Will drop you a mail on Monday morning.

Thanks again - Have a good weekend :-)

Darp