Sproggi's DPA request

sproggi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

O.K, I have decided to risk requesting my data from Cahoot, hopefully this will not be enough to cause them to close my accounts.

I am going to send my request via their 'contact us' form which allows 500 characters, does this sound o.k or am I missing out too much important information?

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation.

Additionally,please provide details of any events requiring manual intervention.

Please deduct the statutory maximum fee of £10 from my credit card. You have 40 days in which to comply.

Sproggi

I did it this way sproggi. There was no problems. Good Luck. I am at money claim stage now (put it in on 7th, deemed as delivered by 12th, so waiting for 26th to see what happens!)

• Confused 1

Cahoot

JBD issued - 27/07/06, warrant issued 08/08/06

First Direct

Settled in Full

Capital One

Prelim Sent

Citi Financial

Offer of difference betwen £30 and £12

GE Capital - Evans Card, Data Protection Act

Argos Card, DPA

Barclay Card, 8th May-DPA, 14th July- 2nd DPA (asking complete history!!)

Egg Card & Egg Loan,DPA

NatWest Card

LBA

Vodfone

3rd letter re: default

Studio & Ace

Prelim for Studio e-mailed

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Oh, yes 26th seems like ages away...

Cahoot

First Direct

Settled in Full

Capital One

Prelim Sent

Citi Financial

Argos Card, DPA

Egg Card & Egg Loan,DPA

NatWest Card

LBA

Vodfone

Studio & Ace

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

oh.. and I have got more charges since.. so I will be asking for them back too... or I'll just claim again.. I'm not too bothered as long as I get the bulk back and can pay off overdrafts.

Cahoot

First Direct

Settled in Full

Capital One

Prelim Sent

Citi Financial

Argos Card, DPA

Egg Card & Egg Loan,DPA

NatWest Card

LBA

Vodfone

Studio & Ace

Quick update:

Received an email from Cahoot today saying:

Dear Mrs Sproggi

Thank you for contacting cahoot in Coventry.

We've got your request for a duplicate statement and it will be with you within a week. You'll be charged £5 for each monthly statement you've asked for.

Don't forget you can view and print your statements for the last 12 months. To view these log onto your personal homepage select your account and click on 'statement'.

Kind Regards,

Lisa Przygocki

Who would you rather be in cahoots with?

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Are they trying it on with me?!!

My message was headed Data Protection Act 1998, Subject Access Request.

I did NOT ask for statements, I used the top part of the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter in the library!!!

Needless to say I phoned them straight away and put them right:evil:

They apologised and promised to sort it out today and said the information would be with me 'shortly'.

Then they said that they would take the £10 out of my current account even though this would have taken me over my limit and incurred yet more charges (or maybe that was what they were hoping for!), in my original message I had asked for it to be taken from my credit card and I stuck to this request, even then they had to check it was ok to do this.

I am not sure whether really are trying it on or whether they just can't be bothered to read their messages properly, even though this is their prefered method of contact.

Sorry for going on, but they made me mad:evil: :evil:

Sproggi

I had a lot of messages from people trying to get me to pay £5 for each statement. It seems Cahoot might need to brush up on thier DPA training.

I did not have to pay £10. They said this information was free of charge.

First Direct - £2791.84 received in full and final settlement.

Cahoot - Agreed to settle for full amount of £2024

Abbey National - AQ questionnaire returned and 50% offered

Lloyds Bank - AQ questionnaire returned

I didn't pay either..

Cahoot

First Direct

Settled in Full

Capital One

Prelim Sent

Citi Financial

Argos Card, DPA

Egg Card & Egg Loan,DPA

NatWest Card

LBA

Vodfone

Studio & Ace

This morning I received copies of all of my statements for my credit card account with Cahoot, but nothing relating to either my current or loan accounts:mad:

Now please correct me if I am wrong, but, The SAR (and the shortened version that I sent through the 'contact us' section) states that the request is for 'My banking history' with them and should, therefore, cover ALL accounts.

They have taken the £10 from my credit card account as authorised and listed it as a duplicate statement fee!(think I must have upset someone as I seem to be the only one they charged:rolleyes: ) and so I wonder if their reasoning is that, as the money came out of that account, that is the only one they have to send.

Should I now use the 'contact us' section again and remind them that the request covers all accounts and that the clock is still ticking?

Sproggi

The contact us only gives you a few characters, send them the letter in the template section (the one about non compliance) to the customer service email address.

Don't attach a word file though!

[email protected]

• Confused 1

Many Thanks for the help Abby, it is handy to have their email address instead of having to rely on 'Contact Us' which not only restricts what you can say but also seems to take them a week to reply too.

Anyway, email now sent so will await their reply.

Just hoping that they don't decide to close my account because of this as I have Current account, Credit card and Flex loan and no way to pay off quickly:eek:

They make me angry when they say that they are going to reduce the amount of my Flex loan 'as a result of your account behaviour with us or another financial organisation' when several 'other finacial organisations' have just informed me that they are increasing my credit limits! (not that they have actually reduced it yet for some reason).

The only problem that I have had with Cahoot for over a year was 3 x £30 charges plus interest made by them for me going over my limit by 53p one month:mad:

Oh well, will have to face that bridge if and when it turns up.

Sproggi

If I helpe click on my scales (I think I get points or something).

Wonderful! Soon I'll be a Jedi Knight or something.

Latest email received from them today:

Dear Mrs Sproggi

Thank you for contacting cahoot in Coventry.

We can confirm that we have today received your request for additional details of charges on your accounts. We have referred your request to the Contact Support Team within cahoot, whom will contact you within the next five working days.

Kind Regards,

Katy Cullen

Who would you rather be in cahoots with?

Not much but at least they answered 4 days quicker by using email instead of 'contact us'!!

Sproggi