• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Is this Mint/RBS Advanta CCA enforceable?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya I need urgent help is this 1 page document with no terms and conditions enforceable please?

They also sent me a 2 page doc of the current card carrier it semms. The APr does not match though..

this 'agreement' also states:' I apply for an RBS Advanta Classic Card and Pin to be issue to me....' so indicates it was pre contract/ card and looks like they executed on the receipt of this.

BLOWN UP AGREEMENT FROM ORIGINAL SIZE IN COMPARISON IS A CREDIT CARD ITSELF!

mintccapic-1.jpg

Edited by millymollymoo

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not vastly experienced in these...the partially sighted leading the blind i'm afraid..

but..it looks pretty solid to me ..the prescribed terms appear to be there..

they've signed it as have you presumably blocked out ..so it's executed..

all that i can see that is wrong is that the title should be "credit card agreement" rather than just credit agreement.

I've seen some posts that claim that this may make it unenforceable...but i think it's a bit of a technicality myself...not aware of any court rulings on the subject...

see if you can get more learned help from another cagger

FOTN

Hi FOTN:)

Yes thats what I kinda thought, though this was pre 2004 and I am of belief that the T&C's are unable to be referred to elsewhere. These have not been received so basically my argument is what gave them the right to charge late payment fees, issue a default, pass the information on to third parties if they are not within the sig doc?

the repayment terms are not entirely clear to the debtor or any other rights, very basic pre contract agreement me thinks.

Milly XX

P.S I wanted to say I enlarged this so called agreement. It is 1/4 the size of a A4 paper which I believe is a microfilm or something as it is tiny.

Milly X

mintcca1.jpg

I'm really suspicious of these 'agreements' rbs are dishing out. For one thing, there are newspaper articles discussing how rbs recreate agreements if they don't have them (we might assume this would be 'fraud', but in the world of banking it's called 'thinking under pressure', hilariously).

I realise the doc is very small (so was mine), but I don't understand why the boxes are so wonky.

Heck, if I have time I might even make a small video and show you how easy it is to put a signature from one document on to another via photoshop...

HI danson:) yes me too.:cool: I am sending them aletter saying they have not complied as it is hardly legible.

Also I may have to travel to Scotland as I am asking to view the 'original'!!!!

milly XX

Edited by millymollymoo
added text

.... edited as the address seems ok though strangely different placed as just typed.

Edited by millymollymoo
edited as the address seems ok.

• 3 weeks later...

By the way it is not signed by them unless the big stamp is acceptable and the RBS advanta logo that is on others i have seen is NOt on mine. The top of the agreement looks like its been added and is very fiffernt as I said to others. This card was applied for decemer 2000.

Milly X

• 2 weeks later...

addin this link for future reference,as it shows a logo of rbs advanta and the top is set out differently as I thought;) no logo on mine, sniffing out a cut and paste maybe.........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/123233-mrs-p-mint.html#post1974060

milly X

The agreement in post #1 is probably not properly executed but, as it has your signature and the prescribed terms (credit limit, monthly repayment terms and interest rate), it would be enforceable.

Guest dvdriley
The agreement in post #1 is probably not properly executed but, as it has your signature and the prescribed terms (credit limit, monthly repayment terms and interest rate), it would be enforceable.

wo, wo!!! sorry but i disagree , the agreemen tposted in number 1, is not, in my opion enforceable. There are no terms and conditions - missing payemnts, cancellation rights etc. where are the terms and conditions it refers to above the signature of the card holder.

I received one of these and told RBS it was unenforceable. They then sent another agreement which was concocted and did not contain my signature. It refers to missing payments, a term not used in 2000. It refers to charges prevalent today. Now if they bekllieved the first agreement was ok why have they now sent another one. I have been through 3 dca and 2 different firms of solicitors on this matter and they all keep refering back to RBS

However i stand to be corrected

wo, wo!!! sorry but i disagree , the agreemen tposted in number 1, is not, in my opion enforceable. There are no terms and conditions - missing payemnts, cancellation rights etc. where are the terms and conditions it refers to above the signature of the card holder.

Those things make it not properly executed under s61(1) of the CCA 1974 and therefore only enforceable by court order under s65.

The court's powers of enforcement are defined in s127(3) - a document signed by the debtor and having the prescribed terms. The document in post #1 complies with this - it may not have all the T&Cs but it does have the ones that matter as far as enforceability is concerned (ie the ones set out in Schedule 6 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983). It is therefore enforceable.

Guest dvdriley

so i wnder why they sent a second cca. well i will wait and see what they produe in court and hope they produce the second one

Hi steven,

I have sent a letter to triton and mint regarding this credit card sized agreement and requested a viewing 13th january. I have heard nothing as of yet. Just to remind you this agreement is from the year 2000. They also have not provided the original T 7C's referred to seperately { of which this is wrong anyway as it is supposed to be contained within the 4 corners of the agreement]

There is something I would like your opinion on as the wording on asection of mine is wrong.

Under the heading:

IMPORTANT -READ YOUR RIGHTS CAREFULLY

where it says. 'The consumer credit Act 1974.....'

look through this section I have found a wording flaw compared to everyone elses that has this section.

'.........which must be satisfied when the agreement is made. If they are not, we can enforce this agreement against you without a court order.....'

Well this is entirely incorrect terms isnt it as EVERYBODY elses says CANNOT, even on my mint card holder it says Cannot.

Whats your opinion on this please.

One other thing the APR is not correct on cash advances look at the monthly rate it is the same as the purchase rate yet a different apr.

milly x

I received one of these and told RBS it was unenforceable. They then sent another agreement which was concocted and did not contain my signature. It refers to missing payments, a term not used in 2000. It refers to charges prevalent today. Now if they bekllieved the first agreement was ok why have they now sent another one. I have been through 3 dca and 2 different firms of solicitors on this matter and they all keep refering back to RBS

However i stand to be corrected

Hi DVD:)

Is your agreement the same as mine as we seem to have the same year {2000} as the time taken out.

As far as I am concerned I want to see the original as the size it came was teeny weeny and I wonder why that would be. I am not convinced as their is a lot of spacing and on comparing some others sentences have been omitted where there is a lot of gaps in mine, aside the typed name and address which is odd.

milly X

Don't worry Milly, RBS are notorious for 'creating' agreements.

As far as my similar situation goes, I haven't heard from Mint for months following my complaint to the ICO. if you haven't already, go to the ico website and put your complaint together...

It's a weird one. Personally, i'm thinking that RBS would have a standard agreement form (with different headers for different card types etc). Why would the forms vary so much? You'd expect the figures to change from time to time, but not the layout of the form.

In your case, a typo is odd - it could indicate someone typed it on to the 'agreement' at RBS's creative team.

I'm more than convinced RBS has been messing with our (and many other's) credit agreements - the problem would be finding a way to prove this...

Well I do find it odd too. I also noted that a sentence regarding ' legal reasons hs been omitted from mine and there is a gap there. I find mine has been typed everywhere with spacing and the signature 'box' is not complete with the lines being broken too.

I wonder if misrepresenting peoples rights on an credit agreement is important or not. Would be lovely if it was;) Gonna look up the term misrepresentation on google.

found this to do with a contract:

http://www.gillhams.com/articles/401.cfm

and on this google book found something about unenforceability;

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=wpGn2csrdRkC&pg=RA1-PA29&lpg=RA1-PA29&dq=misrepresentation+legal+rights+in+credit+agreement&source=web&ots=sPmz1Bp0vJ&sig=sgooz3FRDqWL6BGY9VaSOqXHcIg&hl=en&ei=-LyaSf-hKoyT-gayw_X4CA&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=6&ct=result

probably would mean nothing that is why a mods opinion would be great.

milly XX

Edited by millymollymoo
added link

What they have to put is laid down in schedule 2 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 - it should definitely be 'cannot'.

THis error could well make the agreement not poroperly executed (s64(5) of the CCA 1974) I don't think it makes it unenforceable though. I f the right to cancel the agreement are not in the prescribed form, then the agreement would be unenforceable under s127(4)(b)

hi steven, if then it means its not properly executed through a 'mistake' on their part what do you suggest I do now. This bit is to do with legal rights and tells you to read this section carefully and yet they have made a stupid error.

i am a bit confused between not properly executed.

Milly X

Hold on under section 127[4]b it says

(4) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) in the case of a

cancellable agreement if—

(a) a provision of section 62 or 63 was not complied with, and the creditor or

owner did not give a copy of the executed agreement, and of any other document

referred to in it, to the debtor or hirer before the commencement of the proceedings

in which the order is sought. or

(b) section 64(1) was not complied with.

so if so ,the debt cannot be enforced in court by a judge. have I read that right or not?

millyx

Got it wrong it can be challenged by me and I now see thats waht steven was saying. a guy here explains it to another person on this thread and post:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use-post1985653.html#post1985653

Milly,