Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder gazbolts73 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2008

Default gazbolts v Mint

Hi
    I have had an account with Mint for over 8 years - i stopped using this in December 2007 with account at 6000 (limit 11000)
    I received a phone callicon in May 08 saying that my account was over the limit!
    I explained that i hadn't used it for months - they insisted i paid to get balance up to date..which i refused.
    I informed them that i had not received any statements for over 7 months; to which they replied
    Mint 'you receive email statements'
    Me 'i have never received any'
    Mint 'hold on let me check'
    Mint 'we don't seem to have an email address for you!'
    Me 'please can you investigate & get back to me please?'
    Mint 'yes'

After at least 4 calls/day over 4 weeks - this was still not resolved. up to date they have continued to charge interest on the account (12,500) I have sent them financial statement & offer of payment. of which they have not responded.

any assistance???

Similar Threads:

Site Team maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52 Highly authoritative maroondevo52's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default Re: Defaulted by MINT

Hi, gazbolts.

I'll use your post above to start a new threadicon for you, makes it easier for people to help you

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.
    If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady's Avatar

Cagger since : Jul 2006

Default Re: gazbolts v Mint

Did you receive proper statements before?

The first thing you need to do is send them a CCA Requesticon to see if they can produce a copy of your agreement. If they have doubled the account balance with charges and interest then there should be a substantial amount you can reclaim from them.

When you say they were not sending you statements, did they actually send you any letters about the account or did you hear nothing at all?

BANK CHARGES
    Nat West Bus Acct 1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct 1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct 1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - 1900 in charges - settlement agreed
    GE Money sec loan - ERC of 2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby
    FirstPlus - missold PPI of 20K for friends - WON
    Follows
    Following

I did receive paper statements before, then just stopped...as i wasn't using the card i never noticed! I never received any letters at all; i only started to know of this when they started phoning me saying my account was over the limit.

Gold Account Holder Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady Authoritative Goldlady's Avatar

How did you pay it? Was it on direct debiticon or did you just pay when the statements came in?

BANK CHARGES

Others

Follows
    Following

I used to pay direct debiticon, then stopped it when they tried to take 800 out of my account!

Ah, yes I think I would have done that too.

Actually I think you should send them a SARicon rather than just a CCA Requesticon. This will give you everything they have about your account. It sounds as if the whole thing has been riddled with total incompetence which will make them look very silly if they do go to court. But if you send them a SAR now you will have the information before it gets to that stage. Don't worry too much about their ridiculous charges.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details