Head honcho at MBNA is

EricTheRed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is to whomever made the unfounded comments regarding the FOS.

I can assure you categorically that the Financial Ombudsman Service is there to help people with regard to problems relating to financial institutions and their financial commitments with them. Your comments of, "for the best part, don't bother" is disgraceful. In the eighteen years my firm has been trading I have always used the FOS for back-up while in the process of getting a clients financial affairs sorted out. The reason they take time to answer and deal with consumers problems is purely because they are inundated with thousands of complaints on a daily basis from people who are having difficulty in communicating with their creditors. Once a case worker is assigned and then an Adjudicator it's plain sailing all the way. I know for a fact that staff within the FOS work until 11pm nearly every night in their quest to help people with their complaints. Can you say the same????????? I think not. You are probably sat in front of your TV with a can in one hand and a cigarette in the other watching either football or your favourite movie.

I have just got off the phone and the FOS have categorically said they WILL NOT help in any way, to force MBNA to produce a copy of my credit agreement. I have been battling MBNA for 5 months, following correct procedure and FOS do not want to know. They said this was definately NOT their area and have instead refered me to the Information Commisioner. They would not even take my details.

Very disheartening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hijack your thread but does anyone have any advise on what to do if they refuse to provide a response to SAR? They are asking for a proof of ID (passport, driver's license, with signature) - all info they didn't think to ask for while they held the supposed account?

Holy ****!!!!

how many thousand people are mbna ruining the lives of????????????

im one of them anyone. i have been refused a mortgage on the basis that i was a few days late on payments. these were of course paid well in time of the next month and also the following month paid early (which they dont seem to remember).

i was paying payment protection but cancelled it in 08 as i lost my job and was told by mbna that the payment protection couldnt help me!!!!!!!!!! Strange as when i asked them today the reasoning behind me paying it for 4 years, they told me if i ever lost my job it would cover me. So not true. it just builds their bank account up. im so upset about this. im such an honest person who was a few days late. and aswell i was constantly ringing them when i got back into work to check everything was ok. i was always told it was ok. but a credit check told me otherwise.

they have ruined any chance of me getting a mortgage for at least 5 years. they are horrible people.

does anyone know if they're in financial diffuculty??????

DOESN'T EXCUSE THEIR BEHAVIOUR!

THIS COMES FROM WIKIPEDIA! MBNA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MBNA was one of the companies mentioned on a 2004 Frontline PBS special about unfair business practices by credit card companies[7]. Some industry practices which MBNA possibly engaged in previously[weasel words] included doubling or tripling of interest rates, shifting billing due dates/payment cycles monthly, and raising rates for customers whose payments were a day or two late which earned it the sobriquet, Misrepresentation Bank of North America. MBNA have been found to be one of the leading implementors of Rate-Jacking or what has also been termed the "Great MBNA Interest Rate Escalator Trick". For further information and links, see Credit Cards.

After the MBNA / Bank of America deal of January 1, 2006, a number of MBNA executives were dismissed from the Bank of America board of directors due to their fears that their unethical practices could result in criminal charges against them under a number of statutes including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.[citation needed]

As of 2009, complaints to regulators by consumers concerning MBNA's unfair and predatory practices have been made with allegations of fraudulent construction of "valid" credit agreements (in the U.K.), abusive and threatening debt collection practices, and a practice of offering attractive balance transfer deals with rate increases that trap customers into debt they can never hope to repay.

MBNA record all telephone numbers used to contact them and then those numbers to contact their customers, particularly to chase debts, without regard to the privacy of those customers - for example, if a customer uses a neighbors or work telephone to contact MBNA at some time, that number will remain on MBNA's database and is likely to be used for debt chasing purposes. MBNA call centre staff also reveal the reason for calling to whoever answers the call, which may be the customer's boss, neighbor, friends, and family. A great deal of complaints in US and UK consumer forums has revealed this particular violation of privacy is a common activity of MBNA.

U.K. Trading Standards in the Chester area, where MBNA Europe Bank is based, have been contacted by numerous customers of MBNA, warning of the company's behaviour, but the standards agency, responsible for upholding customer complaints, has so far failed to engage in any meaningful communication with those customers despite being in "regular contact" with MBNA for unknown reasons.[citation needed] MBNA Europe Bank is the largest employer in the Chester area.

Holy ****!!!!

how many thousand people are mbna ruining the lives of????????????

im one of them anyone. i have been refused a mortgage on the basis that i was a few days late on payments. these were of course paid well in time of the next month and also the following month paid early (which they dont seem to remember).

i was paying payment protection but cancelled it in 08 as i lost my job and was told by mbna that the payment protection couldnt help me!!!!!!!!!! Strange as when i asked them today the reasoning behind me paying it for 4 years, they told me if i ever lost my job it would cover me. So not true. it just builds their bank account up. im so upset about this. im such an honest person who was a few days late. and aswell i was constantly ringing them when i got back into work to check everything was ok. i was always told it was ok. but a credit check told me otherwise.

they have ruined any chance of me getting a mortgage for at least 5 years. they are horrible people.

I believe late payments only show for a year on your CRA file . DONT send them anything with a signiture on agree a ID check over the phone . Take it as a posative they probably dont have your CCA . [i dont know age of your agreement] but depending on age they may send you a mock up quite easy to challenge in some cases but they will fight all the way .

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have current (Jan 2010) emails for MBNA people?

Most of the posted ones are out of date or bounce.

Additional question, is anyone aware of rulings (court/Fin Ombudsman etc) about 'reasonable time' with respect to making payments, especially over bank holidays/postal strikes/bad weather.

Specifically, if the statement is delivered with insufficient time (say 7 days) to mail a cheque back before the deadline, can the company hide behind the usual warnings about llowing plenty of time and riders when there are strikes etc. In any event, do they have a case if the payer can prove payment by return (as in 'good faith').

My latest arrived Fri 08.01, deadline 10.01!! Previous was 01.12.09, deadline 07.12.09, despit a note with the cheque we got hit for a default.

These were the first 2 A&L staements from MBNA.....obviously a systems fault

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just been on MBNA website where they have a photograph of two top dogs visiting the Bank headquarters in Chester, in July 2010.

Brian Moynihan is the Global CEO and President; Ian O'Doherty is the Europecard Executive. (Bank of America Europe Card Services, which operates under the MBNA brand and is Chester’s largest employer, is the European credit card arm of Bank of America.)

The address for correspondence in the UK is: MBNA Europe Bank Limited

P.O. Box 1004

Chester Business Park

Wrexham Road

Chester

CH4 9WW

All freely available information from their website http://www.mbna.co.uk/help-centre/news-room/0710-ceo-visit.html

• 8 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks