A little advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

A few weeks ago we managed to drop our tv while removing it from a wall bracket. Contacted the insurance AA (Royal sun alliance) and they sent a company CIIS to pick up the items damaged (just thrown in the back of a van), the TV and DVD player. CIIS sent a report to the loss adjuster with a report about the damage.

Today i recieved a call from the AA telling me that the broken screen was a result of the fall BUT they have found the Power supply unit to be faulty,and as there is no damage to the circuit boards then the PSU was damaged through wear and tear so they wont replace the TV, but they will replace the DVD.

I have asked CIIS is if was at all possible for the power supply to fail when they powered up the tv to test it? They would not comment or supply me with any information.

ps the TV was in perfect working order before we dropped it.

Is it possible that when they powered the unit up the PSU broke either through coincidental or not?

Can anyone advsied what my next course of action is - we are at loss as where to go next.

Thanks

Lee

Edited by leeuk
spelling mistake