Wrong Person.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I am a full time student and therefore are exempt from paying council tax to Glasgow City Council.

As I have mail re-direction setup I received the 3rd letter (who knows where the rest went) stating that I owe money on council tax and that I should pay up ASAP. I contacted them informing them of my status and offered to provide proof of my exemption from my university.

I filled in all the forms and sent it away for them to fix. Unfortunately this took forever so I kept receiving letters demanding payment. I called them again and when I was on the phone mentioned my other flat mates for some reason. This was when we realised that my letting agency had told the council it was just myself living in the flat.

Although the easy thing to do would have been to just pretend that was the case but I'm sure that would be illegal.. I was asked to forward a copy of the lease so they could then chase the money owed to them by my flatmates. I also offered them their last known addresses so they could get it sorted quicker. I wasnt prepared to do this on their behalf.

Anyway my proof of exemption was accepted and I thought that'd be the end of it, however they must have got bored chasing them because I'm now receiving letters from Buchanan Clark and Wells addressed to one of my flatmates.

I've since spoke to BCW and Glasgow Council numerous times and had to get Glasgow Council to send me a letter confirming my exemption.

Last week I received a few calls from BCW for my friend and I've told them time and time again about this problem and I was told this time it'd be sorted.

Now I come home today after a long day at work to find another letter from BCW!!

I'm getting really annoyed by this point.

Any suggestions on how I can be more clear to these tools would be greatly apprecaited ;-)

Thanks!

You could send them a letter, in large print, telling them that you are not going to do their job for them and that they have had proof this is nothing to do with you and any further letters addressed to you will be treated as harrassement and reported as so.

And as you have nothing to worry about, you can be as abusive as you wish.