Denied boarding, cancellation or long delay. EU compensation regulations

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ohh Apologies. I just read through both your posts in greater detail. I understand the 6yrs from when you could have reasonably discovered your right to claim. Thanks guys.

I could try to get the booking refs but the airline will have the details of who travelled on that flight so they should not quibble, although Im sure they will.

You have that the wrong way around. A sar applies to private companies, the freedom of information act applies to public bodies.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hello, I've been reading the MSE website today and it says if your flight was delayed for more than 5 hours you can ask for a refund, is this correct? Or is it better to just apply for the £480 and also is it £480 per person, it was my husband and myself on the flight from the UK to the Maldives and we were delayed by over 5 hours, thank you in advance : )

Hello, I've been reading the MSE website today and it says if your flight was delayed for more than 5 hours you can ask for a refund, is this correct? Or is it better to just apply for the £480 and also is it £480 per person, it was my husband and myself on the flight from the UK to the Maldives and we were delayed by over 5 hours, thank you in advance : )

You can ask for a refund if you didn't take the flight. Otherwise it is compensation of 600 euros per passenger.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The ECJ has ruled today on the Folkerts case and unsurprisingly has upheld the notion enshrined in Sturgeon that a delay in excess of 3 hours in reaching your final destination allows for compensation to be paid where this involves connecting flights. This means that where your first flight is delayed by less than 3 hours but means that you miss a connection that leads to an overall delay in excess of 3 hours arriving at your final destination you have a possible claim.

Operating part of judgment:

Article 7 of Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 February 2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding and of cancellation or long delay of flights, and repealing Regulation (EEC) No 295/91 must be interpreted as meaning that compensation is payable, on the basis of that article, to a passenger on directly connecting flights who has been delayed at departure for a period below the limits specified in Article 6 of that regulation, but has arrived at the final destination at least three hours later than the scheduled arrival time, given that the compensation in question is not conditional upon there having been a delay at departure and, thus, upon the conditions set out in Article 6 having been met.

Folkerts judgment in full here: http://curia.europa.eu/juris/document/document.jsf?text=&docid=134201&pageIndex=0&doclang=en&mode=req&dir=&occ=first&part=1&cid=2344753

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks