urgent advice needed coucill tax arrears

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi im in arrears with my council tax equita are the company thats harasing me on a daily basis the bailif is due again tmoro morn this time he says hes taking goods hes never been in my house so i dont think he can just do this im now at my lowest point i was made redundant a few weeks ago so simply cant afford the 1400 pounds there after i dont know wat to do some advice would be greatly appreciated

Oh dear - from the amount involved it would seem that you haven't paid the tax for quite some time. How long exactly? Have you been in communication with the local Council's revenue office? I know some of them are awkward b's, but sometimes they can be quite helpful. You say you were made redundant - do you have any redundancy pay you can put towards the council tax? You have just about got time to contact them this afternoon and try to call off the hounds of hell. Worth a try. Don't get hysterical, try to remain cool, calm, collected and above all methodical. If they see you are talking sense, they are more likely to listen.

Good luck

Edited by Trilby274
spelling

unfortunatelyt no redundancy left paid off my mortgage arrears ive contacted the council but they are not willing to take back the debt and basically i have to pay up 2 the bailiff ive not gt that kind of money ive written to the bailiff compant a while ago asking them from a breakdown in charges which are unlawfull the original council tax was for 1100 pounds but the bailiffs have added 300 pounds and only been 3 times and not even been in my house i wont let them in but they said last week that he would come with the police i dont know wat to do

OK - my very basic knowledge is now exhausted. I'll think on it some more but hopefully one of the more knowledgable caggers will come up with something - hopefully before tomorrow morning - so I'm bumping in the hope of a quick reply for you