Has Anybody Heard?....

macca
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

..about a recent case of reclaimed bank charges going to the high court? Apparently, one poor individual is being dragged throught the high court and the outcome is to be the benchmark on all future decisions. Also, the same article (read by a friend) apparently explained that banks would not be paying out until this case is settled. Don't know anymore about it but the sound of the banks getting away with murder looms it sounds like! Anybody heard anything or is this an urban myth evolving perhaps?

I read the article, I think it was in the Daily Express last week.

It said that 2 courts had thrown out their cases because a case was going to high court & that would set a precedent for future cases....

19.7.06 - Statements Received

22.7.06 - Prelims Sent (Recorded Delivery)

24.7.06 - Prelims Received by Halifax

02.8.06 - Standard Customer Complaint Letter Received

05.8.06 - LBA Sent (Recorded Delivery)

09.8.06 - LBA Received By Halifax

19.8.06 - 10% goodwill offer received

19.8.06 - 100% goodwill offer for small claim

The cases were not thrown out either - they were 'stayed' pending the outcome of the higher case (which has since been settled by the bank).

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------