Moving to a Foreign Country

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My Wife and I moved to Canada at the end of March this year.

One of the reasons for doing this was so that we could help tp pay off some of our debts with the sale of our house in the UK.

I have an arrangement with the CCCS but we have now found that despite our best efforts we are being chased relentlessly by collection agencies.

My Wife got a call from an agency this morning concerning a debt from Lloyds TSB. He stated that the collection agency would pursue the debt by using a similar agency in Canada. Can they do this?

We have received no correspondence from Lloyds TSB stating that she had defaulted or that a collection agency was taking over the debt. Indeed since Lloyds TSB's troubles earlier in the year we have had no correspondence from them at all.

We have contacted the CCCS again and they are prepared to act on my Wife's behalf.

Where do we stand particularly as regards living in Canada?

Regards

Tack

If you have a hunt around you will find several threads relating to this issue.

Legally, in theory, yes. In practice, very expensive so unlikely. That won't stop them threatning you in the normal manner.

If it was me and I was going to Canada, I would just leave and let them go hang.

David