• Tweets

• did you submit your directions
    • They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
    • The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • Here are 7 of our top tips to help you connect with young people who have left school or otherwise disengaged.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Not sure I can take anymore :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know that I'm a new poster and havent been on here that long but I feel so isolated with everything and dread the post as everyday there is another demand.

I have had the gas/elec threaten to cut us off because we could not pay. I'm sick of living hand to mouth and not having any money for stuff for the kids.

We sat down to write their letters to santa last night and I had to leave the room as everything they have asked for I cannot afford. My youngest is 1 and I have managed to get some bits from charity shops and boot sales but I cant do that with the others as they know.

I'm sorry to moan and know that there are people much worse than me but it just feels like the past few years we have let the kids down. Last year we were evicted out of our house and had nothing for the kids, was hoping that this year was going to be different but it doesnt look like it :(.

I have just put some wanted posts on freecycle for some clothes for the kids as they have all grown out of their winter stuff. Oh how i wish that things would change! I look at them and it breaks my heart that I cant give them what they want just once :(

Again sorry for the moan I just need to put my feeling down and this is the only place I feel I can.

Vikki

Hi Vikki,

Sometimes it just helps to express your feelings in writing, and maybe it puts things back into perspective a little.

I have been in a very similar situation to you, quite a while ago, and I remember the way it made me feel, we even had the electricity cut off for a short time, that really felt like the end of the world, but of course it wasn't.

Advertising on Freecycle sounds like a good idea, hopefully you will get a good response. What ages are your children?, it's possible someone on Cag has some possibly unworn, or no longer fits, clothes that need another home.

I assume that you have put any particular debt concerns on the forum, as the advice given is invaluable and may help you in turning your life around.

Try to remain positive :)

Dibs x

Don't know if i'm coming or going!

Hi Vikki

Have you tried claiming back your charges yet?.. I see you are looking into CCA requests on your threads.

What are the kids asking for this Christmas?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hiya,

Yes I have claimed all the charges back where I can and have CCA's who I can. It just seems like everyone wants so much more than I have. I had to set up the fuel direct to take money for the gas and elec from my benefits and they are taking £70 every 2 weeks which is a killer as I only get £120 every 2 weeks due to paying off a social loan.

My kids are only just starting to really get into christmas and although they haven't asked for things costing £100s they still want brand things like thomas and Barbie, which mount up when you have 4 kids to buy for.

I have 2 girls age 5 and 6 and two boys age 3 and 14m. Thank you for your support I have not had any responce off freecycle yet but fingers crossed.

I had to borrow money off my Mum today so that I could post a letter to a DCA via special delivery :(. She had a big op last week and is upset that she is not going to be able to get the kids anything for xmas as her going into hospital has made her loose her job. Sometimes I just wish that i wasnt here :(

Edited by vikki75

Vikki, hang in there. There is a lot of people who can help and I will come back with some ideas hopefully on the presents front. A lot of shops are cutting prices fast and there are online retailers offering deals as well. Keep the chin up. You will be fine.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I'm sorry to moan and know that there are people much worse than me but it just feels like the past few years we have let the kids down.

I understand what you are saying but you are there for your kids and you love them and i'm sure there's always a cuddle waiting for them when they want/need one....this is what they'll remember throughout their lives, so you have not let them down. That said I know how guilty it can make you feel when you can't get your little ones the things they want for xmas and birthdays

Yes I have claimed all the charges back where I can and have CCA's who I can. It just seems like everyone wants so much more than I have. I had to set up the fuel direct to take money for the gas and elec from my benefits and they are taking £70 every 2 weeks which is a killer as I only get £120 every 2 weeks due to paying off a social loan.

Could you possibly write to the social and tell them you are struggling to manage after they take off the social loan payment amounts, as your outgoings have increased and would it be possible to reduce the amount they are taking for your payments and just pay it back over a longer period?

Without giving too much away what area do you live...i'm Northamptonshire is that anywhere near you? If so I may be able to help

Now you have found this site things will get better, there's always someone here for help and advice :-)

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. The most important thing in the world is my kids and almost loosing my youngest girl just before xmas last year really made me realise that. It just really gets me down that I cant give the kids what they ask for.

They are so understanding and it breaks my heart when my 3yr old asks if he can have something and my 6yr old tells him that we dont have that money as that is a weeks worth of food :(.

I have written to the social and been to CAB but that is the lowest that they will take for paying everything back. At least by next year they will be paid off.

Vikki

A lot of shops are cutting prices fast and there are online retailers offering deals as well. Keep the chin up. You will be fine.

I have been looking at these but as I dont have a debit/credit card I'm not able to take advantage of them :( I only have a basic bank account so can only get money out of the bank.

Then, keep your eye out for christmas week even up to December 24th when they will cut prices even more. You can pick up some bargains especially this christmas.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Its my daughters birthday straight after christmas so I usually get what I can in the sales on boxing day. I agree there are some great offers in the shops, its just having the money there and then to get them as usually once all the bills are paid and shopping is done I have about £10 left and some weeks not even that.

I am still crying after reading your post as many years ago I was in the same position and saw no way out. Thankfully with the support of others I did. I have found a link to an organisation that may help you. Please have a look and see what you think, unfortunately the grants they give have been suspended until January, however if you apply then at least you may be considered for winter clothes for the kids. Will think of you always, you're a star, take care, and look after yourself.

Child Poverty in the UK

Love

LilyLou

xxx

Regards

LilyLou

If I have been helpful please tip my scales

Any advice/comments I give are based solely on personal experience, if in doubt please consult an expert.

I have a big unit full of Barbies and their clothes, my 3 grandaughters never play with them now, They have worked their way from their house to mine which usually happens with toys they are growing out of. I would be GRATEFULL if you would accept some of them from me. PM me with an address I can send them to and they are yours. regards Hilary

NP Vikki, please keep in touch

xxx

Regards

LilyLou

Any advice/comments I give are based solely on personal experience, if in doubt please consult an expert.

Thats the spirit, you are definately not alone. Fingers crossed for you, sometimes when you feel so low it's hard to look for a way out, thats why coming on here is so helpful. Others with a clear mind, ;), can help you look.

TC

xxxx

Regards

LilyLou

I really cant tell you how much this site has helped me deal with things that I would not have had a clue about trying to do alone. Once i'm in a better financial position I will be donating as I really cant thank the people on this forum enough.

Had another set back today as my eldest daughter (6yrs) fell over at school and knocked a tooth out. In doing this she has ripped her uniform and broken her shoes. I'm more concerned about her but the money that I had saved to get something for the kids for xmas had to go on replacing them. Its just one thing after another :Cry:. I have to say that at the moment I hate my life. I'm only 26 and have had things bottled up for so long that know I have started to talk to people on here who dont judge me, i'm realisinghow bad things actually are. How do you tell 4 kids who depend on you so much that mummy and daddy are broke again so i'm afraid its new shoes and no presents or go to school bare foot and have a christmas that kids deserve

Hi Vikki, do you have a One Stop Centre nearby? They tend to be quite helpful in these situations and may be able to do something about your fuel costs etc and you may even be entitled to extra benefits. Just wish I had the answers for you as it makes me so sad that you feel so bad and are struggling so much, just shouldn't be happening and I'm sure that pointed in the right direction you'll be helped. Please try and keep you chin up though x :)

I have tried every charity I know of and everyone one either doesnt deal with this area or dont have the funds to help out. We have a place where people could donated kids clothes and they were given out to needy families but that has just been closed down. I have been searching the charity shops as all the kids need new coats and shoes but there is nothing and I just dont have the money to buy them new stuff. Its a horrible situation to have to decide on new clothes or christmas presents. :( :(.

Hi Vikki,

I have two little girls, 2 and 5. My 5yr old has Heaps and Heaps of stuff. Some of it still in the boxes un-opened :rolleyes:. Loved Bratz for about 10 minutes then decided Hanna Montanna was cooler, go figure.

PM your details or that of someone you can trust to hold the goodies for you and Ill pop a few things into the postie for the girls.

No boys so cant help there :(

Stewie:-D

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.