No Claim Bonus Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

This is my first post to the forum. I am in trouble with NCB Letter. I have 5+ years No Claim Bonus history in my country. I started with Budget Insurance and they asked for letter. And i contacted with insurance agency in my country to send me letter. They send me letter and forwarded to Budget.

After couple days they said they dont accept this letter because they need more detailed one. They called my insurance company to explain them but i think they did not understand each other.And now they are asking me for re-send another letter.

The problem is i dont know that how must be this letter and company in my country aswell. Confused too much.

Is there any sample letter for this?

Regards

I would ask just how much detail exactly they need.

So long as the letter states you have been insured with them continuously for 5 years and not made a claim or been involved in an incident that would give rise to a claim, then I feel to see where the problem is.

Your last insurer is a legit one I take it?

I am surprised that a UK insurer is allowing any NCB accrued with an overseas insurer in another country.

Usually, UK insurers are very insular.

I would give your UK insurer the details of your overseas insurer (contact details, policy number, etc.) and ask them to contact direct for the additional details that they need.

I am surprised that a UK insurer is allowing any NCB accrued with an overseas insurer in another country.

Usually, UK insurers are very insular.

I would give your UK insurer the details of your overseas insurer (contact details, policy number, etc.) and ask them to contact direct for the additional details that they need.

UK Insurers have to accepted NCD from the EU & some Int countries the same as we have to accept EU & Int driving licences:cry:

Since NCD is a contractual privilege and not a legal right, I wasn't aware that an insurer was required to accept any prior NCD from any other company.

Probably not good business practice in terms of selling policies, but nonetheless lawful.