Smile

western promise
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't be inclined - go for it - they will pay; because they have to.

I have sent them a snotty note with a 7-day deadline via their online messaging system, on the basis that it is less hassle to me that way and any delay in payment simply results in my earning 8% interest.

The catch is that I cannot prove when I sent it nor guarantee it reaching the attention of someone able to comply with it. So, if they do not respond within 7 days, I will send a more detailed claim in hard copy to their head office with another 7 day deadline, then file online after that.

My OH actually has 2 current accounts, a Smile and a NatWorst because NatWorst was so awful. I plan to go after them in succession, in case either of them closes her account out of spite when they lose. I've a feeling the NatWest amount is going to be a lot higher.

Smile have now responded with a delaying message as follows:-

I'm afraid it is unlikely that we will be able to reply within 7 days as requested but we will respond about this issue within Finacial Services Authority guidelines (This is up to 8 weeks but usually much quicker).

Anyone have any views on this?

Sorry to get you started again - but it will increase your post count :)

Would you mind just running through your claim again.

Thanks

The charges that have been applied to your account aren't illegal and we are within our right to charge you. When you opened the account you agreed that if you exceeded your limit (regardless of the amount) that you would be charged, we state this very clearly in the terms and conditions so that there are no disputes in the future.

I understand that you feel the charges are excessive however we agreed that we would load £600 overdraft onto your account, if your balance exceeds this limit, the system will automatically charge you as you have broken the agreement with us.

Smile need to be seen as acting fairly and without favouritism, it wouldn't be fair to refund the full charge on your account as there are lots of customers this month that have been charged due to similar errors and received no refund.

I'm sure if you checked with the Office of fair trading that they would agree with us, if you exceed your limit and use unauthorised borrowing (regardless of the amount) we are within our rights to charge you.

If you would like to escalate this complaint please write to,

FAO: customer care

smile

P.O Box 600

Delf house

Skelmersdale

Lancashire

WN8 6GF

Unfortunately I'm unable to refund the full charge as there is no bank error.

Why can't all banks respond like this :p

WesternPromise:-

What rubbish. What has the FSA got to do with it?

You now need to say that you will be escalating the complaint directly to the County Court in 7 days and you will not be passing Go!

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks