overpayment

suzannef
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi SUZANNEF WELCOME to CAG, You have come to the right place,there are lots of people on this site that will point you in the right direction.

when your ready post more info and help will come very quickly

and REMEMBER-----YOU ARE NOT ALONE----

Cheers B4E:-)

NEVER TALK TO A ---D.C.A ON THE TELE[PHONE

GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING

IF YOUR NEW **PLEASE READ**

DUMMIES GUIDE TO THE FORUMS

CAN`T FIND WHAT YOU WANT?-FULL- A-Z INDEX

TEMPLATES

PLEASE DONATE TO CAG ,EVERY LITTLE HELPS

--------------------------------

Any Advice given by me is based on solely on my experiance or opnion. I have no Legal background.

If i have helped in any way please feel free to click my scales

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{

Thank You blue4ever:grin:

Can you give us some more information Suzanne?

Which Tax is it?

How much do they say you owe and from when?

Are you working or on benefits?

The more details you can give us, the better the help you will receive. :D

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

• 4 weeks later...

Updates - posted by OP on New code of practice on tax credits overpayment recovery thread.

(posted 27th October)

"does anyone know where to get help with an overpayment of taxcredit for the amount of about 40000 pounds so the tax office says. I cannot afford to pay any of this back and most of this was for childcare although the carer did not say this. I am in a big mess"

(posted yesterday)

"will someone please help me with this tax credit problem i really dont know what to do"

Edited by enamae
typed sentence in twice in error

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

(posted today)

the tax credits were paying my child minder through myself an amount of £250 pound per week the child minder say i only pay her £50 so i have been told to pay back the £40000 overpayment by the tax office as i had to go and see them . HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET OUT OF THIS ONE. I do not use the childminder anymore

have advised poster to keep to this thread

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

Do you not have reciepts or bank statements showing what you paid your childminder? She is obliged to keep records of payments which you have to sign, for her tax purposes.

I pay my childminder by standing order, but although it is evidenced by my bank what I have paid her and when, I also have to sign a book of hers to declare how much has been paid, seperate for each child. This helps in school holidays when her costs rise, as instead of increasing the S/O I give her the remainder in cash but I know I have signed the book to state how much extra I have paid. However, I do not get a copy of the book and I have no reciepts for the extra so now I will be paying it via S/O as well, just to be on the safe side.

Also, is there a written contract with the childminder stating the hours of childcare and the fees?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)