Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder mightyroyals Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2008

Default Rbos help

Hi i have a debt of around about 380 pounds with Rbos of which most of this is interest they have added on the original debt was proberbly for around about 170 pounds.
    My question is what do i do, do i pay the full amount ir do i challenge them some how any advice is much appreciated as i have no clue what so ever of what to do.

Thanks in advance

mightyroyals

Similar Threads:

Gold Account Holder reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2007

Default Re: Rbos help

What is the debt for - current account? loan? credit card?

Can you give us some idea of the sequence of events so far without revealing any personal details.

RMW
    "If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.
    Follows
    Following

thanks for the reply,

it was from a basic kind of account that i had when i was 16 they charged me for going overdrawn even though i was not ment to be able to (im guessing as i was only 16 possibly even 15) and i refused to pay it for years and they have now caught up with me demanding even more out of me

Royalties Account Holder 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2007

May I ask how long it has been since you made a payment towards this account ?

Have you thought about reclaiming the excessive charges ?

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.
    Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.
    Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.
    If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ease-read.html
    Follows
    Following

hi

i cant remember the last time i made a payment to be honnest i burried my head in the sandicon and hoped it would go away like i did with the rest of my debts but i just wanna get em sorted now and live a stress free life

Royalties Account Holder 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man's Avatar

Well if you haven't made a payment or acknowledged the debt in 6 years (5 in Scotland) then it will be statute barredicon....however it may be that if it is within 6 years, they might owe you more than you owe them due to the excessive penalty charges + compounded interest.....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.
    Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.
    Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.
    If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative reallymadwoman Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2007

And if he was only 15 or 16 when he took out the account, they couldn't ask for their money back anyway ....

RMW
    "If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by 42man View Post
    Well if you haven't made a payment or acknowledged the debt in 6 years (5 in Scotland) then it will be statute barredicon....however it may be that if it is within 6 years, they might owe you more than you owe them due to the excessive penalty charges + compounded interest.....
    hi thanks for the reply,

what would i need to do next i think it has been over 6 years and i have not made a payment do i need to write to them or the DCAicon if so what do i need to ask etc sorry for all the quetions but i do not know what to do and dont wanna mess it up

Letter 'M' from here - and send it recorded delivery - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...templates.html

and don't hand sign it, as it has been alledged that some institutions use photshop to 'lift' your signature....

Keep us posted !!!

If you are in Scotland it is a different letter.....(courtesy of Rory32)

Dear Sir/Madam

Acc/Ref No 4563210025897412

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that under The Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 Part 1 Section 6 "If, after the appropriate date, an obligation to which this section applies has subsisted for a continuous period of 5 years:

(a) without any relevant claim having been made in relation to the obligation, and
    (b) without the subsistence of the obligation having been relevantly acknowledged,
    then as from the expiration of that period the obligation shall be extinguished:"

I would also point out that the OFT say under their debt collectionicon Guidance on statute barred debt that "it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period".

The last acknowledgement of this alleged debt was made over five years ago. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from myself in the relevant period under Part 1 Section 6 of The Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 , I would respectfully suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against myself to recover the alleged amount claimed.

Should you continue to pursue this account without providing this evidence I shall seek an interdict and damages accordingly. A formal complaint will also be made to Trading Standards along with a report to the OFT questioning your fitness to hold a consumer crediticon license.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed and that no further contact will be made concerning the above account after that last letter.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully
    Mr A N Other

Follows
    Following

Default a very old debt

I have a debt with RBOS that is now coming up to six years with no payment made as i originally argued the debt and never heard anything since, i know when it comes to the 6 year mark it becomes unchaseable but it still shows on my credit file as a default is there anyway i can get this removed from my credit file???

Royalties Account Holder cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert's Avatar

Default Re: a very old debt

The default will drop off your file six years after the a/c went into default, i.e, six years after the last payment became due but wasn't paid.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder loobyloo85 Informative loobyloo85 Informative loobyloo85 Informative

Cagger since : Dec 2008

Default Re: a very old debt

If you havent had any communication or correspondence with them for 6 years, including payments made/taken, then this should be statute barredicon, and you should no longer be liable

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details