Help Plse Any Thoughts ?planning Applica

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello i wonder if anyone can help me , i submitted a planning application for off street parking on my semi -detached house this was vigorously objected to by my next door neighbour (who has off street parking) .Things came to a head in june when my 4 year old son was knocked down crossing the road to get home with me after parking opposite my house.This happened on the friday and on the monday my wife was taking pictures of the outside of the house to submit more pictures to the council when , the lady neighbour said to my wife 'you will not get planning permission,' my wife explained that she must of heard my son was in hospital ,being a whisker from being killed at which point my wife was assulted and slapped her back. Bear with me , Police were called but as we are in the process of being Foster carers the police thought as the neighbour admitted to striking my wife first no action would be taken , end of matter .Then we recieve a letter from her solicitor threatening harrasment if we verbally contacted her again and put in print that their client was assulted by my wife. To my horror today i checked the planning decsision on the .gov website in the planning application objections is a copy of the letter the solicitors wrote to us!! stating the assault and our names and addresses!! Rang council not their problem its a part of their consideration for the application . What can i do my wife is in bits

Edited by garry123

This is just another one of those neighbour disputes that have been allowed ( by the council ) to get out of hand.

Apart from the copy of the letter, is there any other info' as to possible refusal of off street parking.

I personally would have thought, that as long as you are not on a corner, not blocking neighbours or emergency access or similar, then they have no reason to deny your application.

The fact that there has been an arguement between neighbours wouldnt be the sole reason for turning down the application, BUT as we all know, councils work in mysterious ways.

You could always try ADR.

ADR is alternative dispute resolution – a range of options for resolving disputes without going to court. ADR includes mediation, adjudication, arbitration, conciliation and ombudsman schemes.

What is the ADRnow website?

An information website which gives an overview of ADR schemes in the UK, an outline of how they work, and an honest appraisal of their pros and cons. It is independent of ADR providers and government. It is kept up to date, and was last revised on September 29th 2008. http://adrnow.org.uk..

Hope this helps.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

thankyou for the quick response , the council are deciding this week so wait till then . the issue here is also the letter published by the council by my neighbours solictor which states that my wife assulted her which has nothing to do with the planning and we have the investgating police officer who would back my wife , there is nothing in that letter about planning applications at all and im amazed that it has been published in the public domain , its a deformation of character?? the council wont remve it, and its in the objection letters,

You should go to the planning meeting. You are allowed to speak in favour of your application (usually 2 minutes) if you give the council notice. Phone the planning dept for the correct procedure.

As for the letter, it has no relevance to the planning application, you could be a mass murderer, but that is not grounds for refusing permission. I would approach your local ward councillor and raise it with him.

ok planning has been approved 'with conditions' waiting for official notificaton , but they still have the letter on the website, does anyone know a cheap libel lawyer who could help ? As it is written in the public domain and it is deformation of character and the council still wont remove it ,i need one on the cheap , i have already spoke to my local lawyer and he couldn't help as out of his domain

As I said before: 'I would approach your local ward councillor and raise it with him.'

1. This will cost you nothing.

2. If he agrees with you and starts making inquiries etc, you are far more likely to get a swifter result. Councill officers tend to pay attention when a Councillor gets involved.

I agree with Michael.

Get your local MP involved. It's amazing just how quick councils can change their minds or should i say "on reflection, alter their original view ".

A lot of what councils ask for gets the "ok" and support from the MP's so they tend not to upset them too often.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!