Credit Resolution Services......

welshgirl64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All Just did a Google search on CRS and thank God you lot appreared:) Hope some one can help to steer me in the right direction. I have just recieved an "IMPORTANT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY" letter, followed very quickly by a "EXTREMELY IMPORTANT COURT ACTION IS DUE TO COMMENCE AGAINST YOU LETTER" enclosed with a copy of court papers with my name on it. We took out Gym membership with Xpect Gym at 98.00 pounds a month but our circumstances changed and we could no longer afford this luxury. Apparently we still owe 817.00 and CRS have now added on their "standard fee" of 285.95. I have had no contact with them as yet as they have been closed when I have called. Could some one please advise the 1st thing I should do. I still have copy of my original agreement with the Gym. Thank you in anticipation of any offerd help and advice. Lou

hey i too am having problems with CRS!! i took out a gym membership with Lifestyle Fitness (part of Sedgfeild Borough Council) at £30 PM but 6m during the 12m contract i became ill and being self emplyed meant no work. i didnt inform them until 2 months later when CRS said me the lovely ''IMPORTANT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY'' letter claiming i owed them £243. i wrote to them with a doctors letter informing them im still not well and doubt i will ever recover, yet they phoned me a week later asking what the situation is on my health to which i informed still ongoing.

Then i got a letter saying they will write the £180 i owe to Lifestyle Fitness aslong as i pay CRS £63!!!

whats the situation on this?? do i still have to pay them?? isnt this blackmail??

Sending bogus Court forms is a breach of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection, as is adding on additional collection fees (except in very particular circumstances).

It's also likely that their methods would be considered aggressive, misleading and unfair under CPUTR.

As to how to deal with them, the first and most important thing is not to speak to them on the phone. Ever. Keep everything in writing. Next, send them a CCA request (that you still have a copy agreement doesn't matter) - you'll find the appropriate letter in the templates section.

In the meantime, it would be helpful if you could scan the agreement and post it here - after blocking out your personal details, of course.

Debt-Boy, please start a thread of your own, to avoid confusion.

• 3 months later...