• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Need Help v RBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I want to claim back Bank Charges. I need to know how far back I can take this claim.

Also, I need some advice concerning the process of getting back my money. I am about to become engaged in a 3-way battle with the RBOS over the mis-sale of a loan. I have enlisted the support of the banking ombudsman. I really want to get even with this bank which has extorted over £9000 from me.

If anybody could help me, it would be greatly appreciated

I want to claim back Bank Charges. I need to know how far back I can take this claim.

Also, I need some advice concerning the process of getting back my money. I am about to become engaged in a 3-way battle with the RBOS over the mis-sale of a loan. I have enlisted the support of the banking ombudsman. I really want to get even with this bank which has extorted over £9000 from me.

If anybody could help me, it would be greatly appreciated

You can claim back the last 6 years worth of charges.

Your 1st step should be the FAQs but a quick answer is to download the DPA letter template and send that off so you can get your last 6 years worth of statements.

Many thanks for the advice. I have all my statements dating back to 1995 and I have just been going through them all tonight. This year has been a little barren as I have not been charged at all, but between 2000 and 2005, the banks extorted £1434.77, the largest amount being £695 during 2001 when I was a student.

I have yet to calculate the interest on all the accounts that I have had, but having read many of the threads I have spotted discrepancies.

I am in two minds whether or not to submit the details of the charges to the banking ombudsman as well. The charges accrued during the year I was a student are evidence to suggest that the RBOS had an ulterior motive to make me broke as a student, so that they could force a high-interest loan on me. These banks are evil. I will get the letter written in the morning. Cheers

I put a claim in today for £2100, to just over £1400 worth of charges and £685 in interest. I used one of the templates from FAQ, the letter which gives 14 days notice. I also got in touch with the Financial Ombudsman over this issue as it relates to a seperate claim over a loan I was entrapped into taking out in 2002. They are going to back me up over this. Watch this space...

You maybe able to help me. I had an RBOS credit card terminated by Mastercard in 2002, which racked up charges. Could I still have a case to take them to court to claim back what they took?

Obviously there are issues with your claim regarding the Limitation period. It is clearly no problem in going for charges during the last six years (five in scotland), but there is an argument that the Limitation period can be overturned. I would suggest having a look at seminole's thread v Natwest, and my thread v Bristol & West.

BTW..please don't hijack my thread again!

Many apologies for hijacking your thread Alan. I didn't mean to do it.

I will have a look at both your thread and seminoles thread v NatWest. I think I may have a case because when the card was terminated, Mastercard were paid back almost £2,000 plus interest. There were even charges on the minimum fixed payments as through being a student, it was impossible to pay them at times.

I will send a letter with the £10 asking for the statements.

On the other issue of the RBS itself. It was funny when I confronted the bank staff member with the letter. She went white as a ghost. I thought she was going to faint on me! It is a nice feeling when you can play these people at their own game. He. He. He. lmao

• 2 weeks later...

I had an interesting visit to my RBOS branch in Ormskirk last Thursday. I spoke to a Customer Service Manager at the branch and she has decided to go through my statements plus get copies of the ones that are missing. The RBOS may be about to supply me with their own ammunition so I can shoot back at them. The woman I saw took one look at the charges on the student account as well as the spreadsheet that had been compiled and thought that the charges accrued did look very excessive. I may pay the £10 to get copies of the statements for myself. I want to see where the land lies by Friday, which is deadline day.

The Banking Ombudsman has also taken an interest in the charges levied as I am prosecuting another case vs the RBOS over a loan I was bounced into against my will in 2002 (see Student Protest vs RBOS). If I had a scanner, I would have printed a copy of the Final Decision Letter that I received today, which was littered with lots of errors concerning times and dates of events of incidents regarding the loan.

After reading the letter over and over again, it left me wondering if the person who wrote the letter ever appeared on Jackanory!!!

Watch this space...

• 4 weeks later...

I need advice, the RBOS are about to make an offer of £400+ for charges dating back to 2001-02, when I had a student account. I have a seperate case that is about to go to the ombudsman adjudicator vs the RBOS over the missale of a loan, which is directly related to the charges. I am worried that should I accept the charges refund, it could weaken my case against the bank with the ombudsman.

I feel disgusted with the RBOS. After 5 years of stress and hell, this bank have as good as admitted they screwed up.