Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder seawall Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Apr 2006

Default RBoS Default

Hi all. I thought that I had put all of the problems with this mob behind me, but something else has surfaced. A mortgageicon broker has recently been looking into a remortgage for me and did a routine credit check. This threw up two adverse entries: a CCJ which has probably been satisfied, and a Default from the RBoS in 2006.

This dates back to when I was in dispute with them over bank charges and things got a little hard nosed. However, I'm sure that I responded to their threat of defaulting me with an S10 (?), and from memory they retracted. I won my bank charges back from them, but they rather pettily withdrew my Highline card (Debit/guarantee), making the account virtually useless.

This is the thing: the account is still operational, so isn't it a bit odd that a Default has been served on it? Any advice on how to proceed or a pointer to a thread that has dealt with a similar situation would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    Prelim letter sent to RBoS 8/8/06 letter passed to another department...and Tommy fob off arrived
    LBA sent 29/8/06 2646.64 claimed - no reply
    Claim entered 26/09/06 2716 + interest. Not acknowledged so Judgment requested 17/10/06
    Judgment in default 28/10/06
    Cheque finally arrived 24/11/06, ring Group Litigation on a daily basis - you know it makes sense...
    GE Money prelims sent for ERCs and charges on 2 accounts 18/10/06
    LBAs on 2 accounts sent 5/11/2006

2nd claim against RBoS in 10/11/06, with threat of compounded contractual interest, c'mon now, concentrate...

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder seawall Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Apr 2006

Default Re: RBoS Default

Further to my previous post, and still looking for a bit of advice. Looking through the mass of paperwork that I received from RBoS, a notice was issued on 10th April 2006 demanding repayment of my overdraft, and on 11th April a Default Notice fee of 30 was debited from my account.

However, following this I took action through the Court to reclaim bank charges and was successful in recovering these.

At no time during this affair did the bank make any attempt to close the account. In fact, the account has remained open and functional up to the present, with the same overdraft facility in place.

Given this, should my account actually have a default registered against it? According to a recent credit report obtained whilst in the process of applying for a mortgageicon it still has.

Any advice gratefully received.

Prelim letter sent to RBoS 8/8/06 letter passed to another department...and Tommy fob off arrived
    LBA sent 29/8/06 2646.64 claimed - no reply
    Claim entered 26/09/06 2716 + interest. Not acknowledged so Judgment requested 17/10/06
    Judgment in default 28/10/06
    Cheque finally arrived 24/11/06, ring Group Litigation on a daily basis - you know it makes sense...
    GE Money prelims sent for ERCs and charges on 2 accounts 18/10/06
    LBAs on 2 accounts sent 5/11/2006

2nd claim against RBoS in 10/11/06, with threat of compounded contractual interest, c'mon now, concentrate...

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details