Swift unfair charges & reclaiming

Vain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i have a loan with them done through a broker central capital were selling up and have a redemption fee that would make your eyes water

Need advice as to trying to claim some of these charges and can i claim unfair charge or extortion for the interest.

original loan was £34,095.00

ppi £4.733

apr 14.52%

Monthly variable 1.2100%

Total loan inc ppi £38,868.30

300 months total 25 years

redemption on total loan is £54,367.98

broken down to

Original loan £38,868.30

Interest Charged £18,790.68

Less Payments received £11,026.67

sub total £46,632.31

Charges incurred £3,115.03

subtotal £49,747.34

add redemption admin fee £250

Early Settlement interest £4,370.64

Grand settlement total is £54,367.98

now do i need to get a further break down of these charges i managaed to get them to reduce this by £1,800 but feel that we still seem to be paying a lot of money back.

i often here on the forum that swift refer to themselves as a small company but with millons of profit does that really say to you small am thinking iam not the only one that has loan of swift so if they do this as standard they are making some serious money off the backs of people that can't afford it and they take advantage of peoples situations and needs. so i will get the swift ball rolling

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been contacted by a broker who was given my Swift details by Swift. It was explained Swift are not taking on new business and want to encourage customers to find another lender and pay them off. I was given a redemption figure which the broker said Swift had given them. It worked out I would have to pay swift £17500 on top of the amount borrowed 6 years ago. I explained this is an unreasonable amount to repay a loan and the broker agreed. The broker will go back to Swift to explain themselves. I look forward to the response! PM me if you want to know the name of the broker.