Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Loz001 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2008

Default Claim form?!?!?!?

Dear All,

apologies for jumping straight in with a new threadicon but I require some pretty swift advice.

I received some paperwork in the post yesterday, it was from Northampton county courticon and on the top it just states claim formicon - My first question is, is this a CCJ?

secondly it relates to bank charges imposed by RBSicon some 5-6 years ago!

I do not feel I should be paying this as I used to work for RBS,when I left I closed my account, which I had only opened as you HAD to when working for them.

I then found out, some several months, maybe even a year later, that i had gone overdrawn by about 20 and because I had never received any documentation about this - I think I had moved and as I closed the account I saw no reason to notify RBS - they had added charges meaning the debt had risen to about 600!!!!!!

Whilst I think this in itself is totally ridiculous I dont want to get into a discussion here about the wrong doings of a large national bank!

I was notified about the debt - not by RBS - but by a company called Capquest who had bought the 'debt' off RBS. They had suggested I make payment but as I thought this was outrageous I never did.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is that I have now received this court papers. I have acknowledged them, advising that I intend to contest, but could I have some comments on how you thin I should play this and if you think I am likely to be backed up by the court.

thanks, in anticipation,

Laurence.