• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

RBS - Blackmailing me?

animal_lover
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I origionally sent off my S.A.R back in March this year and eventually recieved it late July. But it didn't include all information so i sent the Non compliance letter to which i have finally recieved a reply too.

Can anyone please take a look at it and let me know what you think and what my next move should be, As i feel this could be classed as blackmail

Thanks AL

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ments105-1.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ments105-1.jpg

LOL you have posted the same page twice, but you need to add up how much in charges you are owed minus how much the account is overdrawn, and then add on the £250 you are going to get when you complain to the Banking Ombudsman at the retaliatory factor by which they have closed your account, is it an account that you use every day, if not and the figures add up, I would be inclined to leave it, but make sure that you tell them that you withdraw also any right for them to process your data.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi, Sorry I didn't realise the second half of theletter is on this link

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/jensenjaredaholic/Documents106-1.jpg

The whole balance is charges, I don't owe them a penny. then the £250 for the complaint plus for the contractual interest aswell it almost doubles the amount i'm owed.

It's a bit of along story

When i had to give up work last year due to Ill Health i sent them a letter asking if they would consider writing off my overdraft as i was unable to pay it. I recieved a letter a week later to say that i needed to find a new Bank within 14 days and that all Direct Debits had been cancelled.

So i found another account but because RBS put a default on my account and i have a couple of others from various complaines i could only get a basic account.

Anyway a few months later i got a letter telling me i owed them nearly £2000 in charges. And it's been in dispute ever since.

The account is still open and i will need to use it once the charges have been cleared that's why i don't want them to close my account. If my new account wasn't a basic account i wouldn't of bothered about them closing it but i need to use my card to have my food shopping delivered and to pay bills and other things online etc...

What do you suggest i should do

Thanks

AL

Hi Animal Lover

I tend to agree with you that this is a poor attempt to get you to reconsider your proposed reclaiming exercise. My advice would be not to sign and agree to this, however you have to consider whether the amount you are reclaiming significantly outweighs your overdraft amount. If it doesn't, you need to think about how important the principle of reclaiming is to you.

Have you got all your statements for the period requested in the SAR? If not, you need to send them the next letter which I think is a default letter in the templates library. If the non compliance relates to other documents, what have you requested from them?

If you have got all your statements you need to go through them with a fine tooth comb and highlight what you think are charges. When you've done this come back and post the update and someone will help with the next step.

Hope this helps :)

:lol: Sweetrevenge :lol:

Don't get mad - get even!

If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

WON at LBA with compound contractual interest £607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!

Hi,

the balance is all charges and then with the contractual interest on top it more than clears the account.

I have all my statements i just need a copy of my default notice and letters they have sent and recieved.

I sent my original claim in 2 months before the court case started and i also need the letter that proves they cancelled the D/D that lead to the charges to prove it was the banks fault then i don't have to wait till the case is finished.

plus on top of that i want to use my card again ihate having to go to the cash machine everytime i need something when i could of just paid on my card

i've had alot of Defaults on accounts without notice so that's why i have only got a basic account with Abbey but i'm disputing all of them so i'll probably switch banks if they get removed anyway.

I noticed on the bottom of your post the details of your claims with RBS. How hard was it to claim and get the Conctractual Interest?

Thanks

AL

I have personally met Mr Algar in relation to an insurance matter with Directline, You will also most likly come across a Mr Rudellis who is above Algar if you do not go along with his wishes.

Both of which will make it thier absolute lifes work to get thier way.

As has already been suggested, if what you owe is around what you are trying to claim then just go along with them and settle it, but i'd try to work a deal and request they clear any defaults against you.

You can still get an account that will give you a card to buy your shopping, if you really can't find one then there are loads of prepay card options about.

I spent 2 years battling with them and others in the RBS group and even with the help of the FOS still got nowhere.

Hi Pat-Uk,

Thanks for your reply

RBS owe me more than the balance with the Contractual Interest it doubles the amount owed.

I've had a prepaid card before and you can't use it in all shops plus there was never any shops near me to top it up plus i also don't see why i should have to pay to get and use a prepaid card when i've got one i could of used if it hadn't been for the charges that aren't mean't to be there.

When i get the rest of the information i need i'll be sending my request as a Financial Hardship Claim so i'll see how it goes first then decide what to do.

I'll contact the ICO regarding my lack of S.A.R and i'll look on the Banking Ombudsman to see how they can help me.

Thanks

AL

• 3 weeks later...