No CCA from Intrum Justitia sent back to RBS Mint

harlequin10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I recently sent a CCA to Intrum Justitia who are the DCA for a credit card debt I had with RBS Mint, before that it was with a DCA called Triton Credit Services.

Today they replied with the following:

Unfortunately we are unable to provide you with the information that you have requested and in light of the information contained in your letter, I can confirm that the above account has been returned to RBS Mint. You will receive no further telephone calls or correspondence from Intrum Justitia in relation to this account. Any further enquiries you may have with regards to your requests must be forwarded directly to RBS Mint.

Please find enclosed the £1.00 fee you issued to us for the required information.

I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitiate to contact.

What do I do now??

You don't need to do anything until/if another DCA or RBS Mint contacts you chasing the account.

I had a similar sort of thing with RBS a while ago. Here's how it panned out if you want a read http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/93884-wescot-rbofs-oh-dear.html

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

This happened to me this morning with an Avon debt. I therefore, on the advice of a Site team Member, have sent another CCA to the original creditor in my case Avon, but I also stated in the letter that I had originally applied to the DCA for it andthe CCA had not materialised.

I said that they should provide it to me along with alkl the other bits blah blah. If they dont send me one they cannot/shouldnt pursue or send it to another DCA.

20 Creditors including 1 CCJ with - you guessed it - Bryan Carter! £13467.43 owing. £2000 paid off in the past 12 months!!!

Hi Rory

Thanks for your help.

Your thread was brilliant what a fantastic outcome well done! I have also sent a CCA request to Wescott re Goldfish so that will be interesting!!

As a newbie on here I am still a little bit scared of the DCAs I'm trying to clear my credit file i've got defaults from 2004 which will be gone in 2010 so i'm worried that challenging my debts will open up a can of worms and I will end up with new defaults?

Also what I dont understand is if a DCA buys a debt what happens when they hand it back to the OC? Does the OC have to buy it back?

I'm going to take your advice and do nothing and see what happens.

Then I will use your thread for reference and pinch bits of your letter if you dont mind.

Thanks again

Hi Rory

Thanks for your help.

Your thread was brilliant what a fantastic outcome well done! I have also sent a CCA request to Wescott re Goldfish so that will be interesting!!

As a newbie on here I am still a little bit scared of the DCAs I'm trying to clear my credit file i've got defaults from 2004 which will be gone in 2010 so i'm worried that challenging my debts will open up a can of worms and I will end up with new defaults? - 1 debt = 1 default if they apply another complain to the CRA and TS and OFT

Also what I dont understand is if a DCA buys a debt what happens when they hand it back to the OC? Does the OC have to buy it back? - if a dca buys a debt it is theirs forever or until they sell it to another piece of pondlife further down the dca foodchain

I'm going to take your advice and do nothing and see what happens.

Then I will use your thread for reference and pinch bits of your letter if you dont mind.

Thanks again

good luck

As PGH7447 states it's one default per account. If you're defaulted twice (because some DCA's ignore the rules) then the second default should be able to be removed without too many problems.

Also what I dont understand is if a DCA buys a debt what happens when they hand it back to the OC? Does the OC have to buy it back?

There would appear to be clauses in contracts where DCA's can sometimes pass debts back to the OC. Intrum Justicia deal with a lot of RBS group accounts and often haven't actually bought the account. They are just acting as agents so are just attempting to collect on the account rather than actually own the account.

Ideally you want the account passed back to RBS anyway as it's usually far easier to negotiate/get an account written off with the OC than with a DCA.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi RobMitch

I just sent them the CCA request letter in the template library of this forum!!

From what I understand they shouldn't be hassling you if you have requested a CCA and they havn't provided one within the given timescale. i'm sure if you look on this site there is a letter you can send to them.

LOL! I'm pleased it was so simple for you! Believe me I've done that yonks ago. My mistake was to have made a few payments to them a few months back to try to stop the hassle before I found here.

They now think they own me...ah well I'll dig in

Thats for letting me know - and well done for shaking them, frankly they are the most persistent I've ever met.

Rob

Rob have you reported them to the OFT under the new CPUT Regs (see my signature in post 6)? You'll need to edit the template letters a bit but it should give you the general idea.