Problem with Mackenzie Hall

kazbri
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I originally asked hjere for advice in August,I received a letter from Mackenzie Hall on behalf of their client Eversheds who had written to me in June about a debt owed to Orange (I'm 100% certain that I've never owed any money to Orange),Eversheds were asked to send any proof they had of this debt or drop the matter as I disputed this debt.They ignored this letter and passed the debt on to Mackenzie Hall instead, I informed Mackenzie Hall that this debt was in dispute and sent them a copy of my letter to Eversheds. They have ignored this and have now sent me aletter saying that as they had received no reponse to their letter I must now make arrangements to make payments or they would sen a 'field agent' to my address in the next 7 days.

My question is, knowing that the debt is in dispute should they still be sending me letters demanding payment, should they be threatening to send a field agent to my address. Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated

Regards

I'm sure sending a "field agent" is probably against regulations if they do not have a judgement against you...

This question would be better posted in the DCA section, it is no longer relevant to Telecoms.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Click the "report" button on your post(little triangle thingy) and ask a mod to move it.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

A 'field agent' is perfectly entitled to pay a visit during 'reasonable hours' to collect a payment or seek to resolve any issues. No judgement is required as it is not a visit by a Bailiff/Sheriff Officer.

On the off-chance you are actually there when they call, you can advise that you have responded to advise no debt exists - and ask them to cease bothering you until they receive further instruction.