Offered a Partial Refund - should I take it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just been offered a partial refund as a goodwill gesture of £600. The total I am looking for is £2000. I have not sent my LBA yet as this is the result of my prelim letter. I am not sure whether to send the LBA or to take the money an run!! Also If I am to send the LBA should I change the wording slightly?? Anybody got any advice?

Pls help:confused:

Tks

Hi

I was offered £400 then £1,200 out of the £2,536 the BoS are due me, I refused it and have now entered a claim against them.

On offering £1,200 they told me that, that was the highest 'legal' amount that the 'BoS' could offer...I rang them and thanked them for their letter and politely refused the offer, I just mentioned that I would only be able to accept the offer as part payment of the outstanding balance, which they refused, so I refused their offer by saying I would really need the entire sum in my acount before the end of the deadline (yesterday), they rang me yesterday and offered me £1,207...£7 more...was a strange one! Don't listen if they tell you they can't offer you more that what they have..its lies!!!

I issued my first claim for £750 (not inc costs and interest) yesterday! Stick with it and hopefully the banks wallet will be a little lighter and yours will be a lot heavier!!!!

Good luck

Roxy

BoS - £2536.00 - 1st Letter sent 20/06/06

BoS - Standard reply received 24/06/06

BoS - LBA sent 24/06/06

BoS - Reply received offering £400 6/07/06 (Refused)

BoS - Offer upped to £1,200 via telephone 7/7/06 (Refused)

BoS - Court Action Raised 10/07/06

Store Card - £87.56

1st Letter sent - 24/06/06

Reply Received with full repayment of charges! - 04/07/06

NO!

Well, take it if you want, but if YOU owed THEM the money, do you think they'd settle for just a bit of it?

BoS:- D P A sent 09/06 Prelim. request 29/06 £1755 plus interest

1st claim Filed 5/10/06 SETTLED 19/10 £747.80 plus £534.31 interest

Ann-Marie,

don't accept the offer as "full and final settlement", if there was a letter to sign and send back, ammend it to read, "I will accept this amount as partial refund". If there's no letter to send back, write them a nice letter/email refusing full and final settlement but accepting the amount as a partial refund and reiterate your deadline for the next stage. They will no doubt refuse your offer, so get ready for that next stage!!:p

Big Col:p

RBS LBA 20/06/06. WON - 21/10/06

MBNA(1)-Start-20/06/06, Claim-£250, 15/8 - Winner!!

MBNA Virgin(2)-Start-20/06/06, Claim £100, 15/8 - Winner!!

BoS MCard Data Protection Act Sent 20/06/06 - WON 16/10/06

Green On!

If the post/advice helps, pse click on the scales!! :cool:

Don't feel as though they have the upper hand because they are a large company - they are the ones breaking the law not you.

I'm glad you've decided to reject the offer. I'm at the same stage with my claim. Don't forget that if you accept it, you lose the right to contest any further charges to your account(s) as far as they are concerned.

To anyone in the same situation, DON'T DO IT!