Jacamo Credit Account

BoSBoY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I set up an account with jacamo a few weeks back, they gave me a credit limit of 250 to start me off. its capped for three month according to the site until i have established payment history with them, suites me.. BUT

i got the paper work though (i tend to skim the small print) and noticed that they stated the amount of credit is 25.00 not 250.00.. i still have access to the 250.00

dose this matter, should i ask for a new agreement?

Jacamo AKA J.D.Williams...amongst other alias's.

If you want to do things right, then call them and ask them to send out revised paperwork (I assume you need to sign a contract). Personally I'd just sign what they have stated, so if they play funny down the line you'd have more ammo on your side. This company's right hand doesn't know what the left is doing, they don't even credit check (well, they never used to). I suspect the they have missed a zero, in error, but that won't change your availiable balance - as you say.

Having said that - whatever you sign will be binding, so it won't make any difference (I don't think) if it says £25 or £250...

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help,

I have had a credit acc with Jacamo now for about a year. But going through some old transactions i noticed a 'Service Charge'- i hadnt noticed it before, which is strange but anyway, in the past six months every month there has been a sevice charge ranging form £15-22.

So just wondering if this is a charge for having the privalilge of the credit facility or something more sinister?

app any comments

Hi, Well i have not queried it yet, i just wanted to know if anyone knew about it or had anything similar occurred.

One thing that is puzzling me about this is, Im sure that wasnt on there before, like its been added....mmn

Additions likwe these can be justified or unjustified, it all depends what it is, what it is for and whether you've been advised of it, which is why you need to start with their response.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help,

I have had a credit acc with Jacamo now for about a year. But going through some old transactions i noticed a 'Service Charge'- i hadnt noticed it before, which is strange but anyway, in the past six months every month there has been a sevice charge ranging form £15-22.

So just wondering if this is a charge for having the privalilge of the credit facility or something more sinister?

app any comments

I believe 'Service Charge' is their way of making 'Interest' sound much nicer!

I opened a JD Williams account and within 5 months my credit limit was £900. I have not purchased anything since my initial small order. Slightly O/T but I'm amazed at some of their prices on high street lines, sometimes over double other retailers selling price and then their extortionate interest on top!