Getting Them To Reveal Their Vitals. Using CPR 31.14 to Your Advantage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Following a claim received against me I have followed your link above sent, based on a CPR31.14 and a CPR 31.15 request for disclousure (I requested details apertaining to NOA/DN/CA and other info also) to the claimants solicitors I have received the following response back:

You will note that CPR 31.14 (1) states that

"A party may inspect a document mentioned in -

(a) a statement of case;

(b) a witness statement ;

© a witness summary; or

(d) an affidavit"

They go on to state that the info I have requested does not refer to any of the following and as such have not supplied and on that basis they are not bound by my request.

They have supplied to me only:

1. CA and T&Cs provided by the CC company

2. Copy Representation of the first NOA sent to me (this I never received!)

Can you please advice as to my reply to them and the courts in my defence? This will help me greatly.

Thanks

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you use 31.14 to request copies of doccuments mentioned or referred to in the POC (you cannot ask for dcouments that are not mentioned in the POC()

you use cpr18 for INFORMATION (not documents) which you need to assist you in defending the claim- but this must be confined to relevant information and NOT become like a SAR

if the claimant then refers to any document in his response to the CPR18 request- then you are entitled to ask for a copy of that document

Hi

Following a claim received against me I have followed your link above sent, based on a CPR31.14 and a CPR 31.15 request for disclousure (I requested details apertaining to NOA/DN/CA and other info also) to the claimants solicitors I have received the following response back:

You will note that CPR 31.14 (1) states that

"A party may inspect a document mentioned in -

(a) a statement of case;

(b) a witness statement ;

© a witness summary; or

(d) an affidavit"

They go on to state that the info I have requested does not refer to any of the following and as such have not supplied and on that basis they are not bound by my request.

They have supplied to me only:

1. CA and T&Cs provided by the CC company

2. Copy Representation of the first NOA sent to me (this I never received!)

Can you please advice as to my reply to them and the courts in my defence? This will help me greatly.

Thanks

i think that they are right

They are only bound to provide documents mentioned in inter alia a statement of case. Therefore if they have only mentioned those documents in the statement of case, then that is all you are entitled to.

If you simply Copied and Pasted a template letter, from here, then you have been sorely mistaken, you should always make sure that your letters fit the picture, as you are playing a game here when the stakes are high and if you get it wrong then it can provide costly.

as for your defence , without the facts, information and documentation we cannot assist im afraid.

you really need to read my thread on CPR 31.14 vs 18 and also the thread i did on embarrassed defences as they may assist

Inspection and copying of documents

Where a party has a right to inspect a document –

(a) that party must give the party who disclosed the document written notice of his wish to inspect it;

(b) the party who disclosed the document must permit inspection not more than 7 days after the date on which he received the notice; and

© that party may request a copy of the document and, if he also undertakes to pay reasonable copying costs, the party who disclosed the document must supply him with a copy not more than 7 days after the date on which he received the request.

(Rule 31.3 and 31.14 deal with the right of a party to inspect a document)

yes but only docs as per 31.14

• 7 months later...

Hi All

Could someone please clear a point up for me on the cpr 31.14? I have a set aside hearing in 3 weeks and think that I should issue the cpr (reading what everyone says). The thing that is getting me muddled is the request for 'an extension of time for me to file a defence'. If the court date is set (by the court) how can the dca give an extension of time? Or is it that the 'defence' in this case would be that submitted if the set aside wasn't granted, and this went to bancruptcy? I have the letter waiting for a stamp but I don't want to send this out and look a complete idiot if it's not appropriate.

Hi All

Could someone please clear a point up for me on the cpr 31.14? I have a set aside hearing in 3 weeks and think that I should issue the cpr You cant until you get a set a side (reading what everyone says). The thing that is getting me muddled is the request for 'an extension of time for me to file a defence'.Whos request? If the court date is set (by the court) how can the dca give an extension of time? The Claimant cant you request it Or is it that the 'defence' in this case would be that submitted if the set aside wasn't granted, and this went to bancruptcy? Why would you need a defence if the set a side isnt allowed? I have the letter waiting for a stamp but I don't want to send this out and look a complete idiot if it's not appropriate.

You dont do anything until its (if) set a side.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Jut saw this :) Much more terse than my reply but essentially the same. I don't think you need to.

Quite simply put you cant do anything until there is a claim or cause to defend.Judgment stands for the Claimant until such time its set a side,then it becomes a claim

and possibly defendable.

Andy

Edited by Andyorch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 years later...

Quite a lot of posts have been moved to another thread - off topic or where caggers should have started their own independant threads. They can be viewed on the link below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?418714-Off-topic-posts-from-quot-Getting-them-to-Reveal-their-Vitals-quot&highlight=Vitals

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks