• Tweets

• Thanks very much Bank. I have topped and tailed my LOC and printed off a copy which I shall post tomorrow by First Class post at my local post office and also obtain a proof of postage. I'll also email them a copy. I've opened a MoneyClaim account, and shall now begin work on my draft Particulars of Claim which I shall post here for your thoughts. And I shan't be using the Moderation service.
    • Yes, it struck me this morning that I'd got it wrong    - no involvement of UKPPO in any previous Tesco thread    - there would have been an entrance sign to a Tesco car park    - CCTV isn't something associated with Tesco car parks. Presumably whoever runs the car park has put CCTV at the electric, and probably BB, areas, done absolutely nothing to stop abuse, and then rubs their hands in glee every time the CCTV catches a motorist out. You can pay £60 and this will go away. Or you can defy UKPPO and rely on their non-respect of POFA, consideration period, etc., should they be daft enough to do court later down the line.  We would support you all the way.
    • thats not the way to do it sorry. sorry so what is your problem? that vanquis paid the £560 or that they are now chasing it? how old is this debt? dx  
    • If you visited Qatar you could be detained at the border, if the debt has been notified.  If you are only in transit and do not seek to cross border into Qatar you might be ok, but you may want to seek formal advice about this.
    • Howdy, I had a short lived credit card with Vanquis that I did not need. I paid it off in full and called them and closed it with the person at the other end. 2 months later they started sending me messages about late payments, I called them and to find out that the card had not been closed in error and 6 weeks after it should have been closed they paid a google debit of £560. I hit the roof and made a formal complaint that took them well over a month to respond to. They agreed they were at fault, refunded all late payments fees and offered me £100 in compensation. However they said the debit amount stood as 'I had benefit from it' and I should get a refund from google. I hit the roof again but they have stuck to their guns. The debit from google is a genuine one but I wanted to dispute it with google so closed the card so they would have to engage with me. But surely that's neither here nor there surely? What is the next step? Ombudsman takes forever doesn't it?  thanks in advance
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

connaught collections/1st credit/rbs debt 2 * SD's!! alerady

mark1963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there everyone.

i have been paying connaught now for nearly 2 years for a debt from 1st credit/ royal bank of scotland.

i have adhered to payment plan and paid via a payment booklet at Barclays

.i have in this time received letters evry other month saying account is in arrears

when i have actually paid the sum due monthly.

this i have always ignored as i have proof of payment every time!!

however i have now received by second class post a statutory demand

saying my payment plan has been not adhered to and have to respond within 18 days (due next week)

i have seen various threads on here that seem differing.

can anyone advis me on this matter as to whether i should respind to connnaught?

if so what should i say.i have my own house that is mortgaged and a secured loan on it too.

the house is also shared ownership i.e 50% mortgage and 50% rent.

i have other debts as usual with anyone that are being paid regularly.

all advise would be appreciated

1st Credit/Connaught are just despicable...there you are paying off via a plan, and despite keeping up with payments they send you a stat demand...this is wholly unreasonable....

Firstly send them a request for your Consumer Credit Agreement....(if this is a credit card or a loan).....do this by recorded delivery and enclose a £1 postal order

Send them letter 'N' from here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Next you need to get the statutory demand set aside at your local court within 18 days of you receiving the demand

Keep the envelope that they sent you the demand in as delivering a stat demand by 2nd class is an abuse of process !!!

You now need to dispite the whole debt (despite you having made payments under duress from them)...

Have a read here....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/86067-getting-statutory-demand-set.html

You could defend this due to the non production of your Consumer Credit Agreement.

The fact that the statutory demand has been delivered second class.

You could also say that the debt is disputed due to non production of a notice of assignment, a lack of a default notice and the fact that the debt could be made up of entirely excessive charges....

When you go to your local court you should also claim your costs too for the time you have spent researching the Insolvency law, your fuel costs and time off work....!!

• Haha 1

You need to download forms 6.4 and 6.5 from here:

England and Wales Forms

Take them to your nearest county court, check that they deal with bankruptcy first as not all do. You can swear the affi. at the court free and the staff should be helpful and guide you through the process.

With the CCA request letter, use a £1 postal order for the fee, DO NOT SIGN IT, print your name, keep a copy of your letter with a copy of the PO serial number (to check if they cash it) and your postal receipt, send recorded delivery.

thanks for the information.

unfortunately i do not have the envelope in question but know that it was received five days from date of postal/service.

i originally rang them when i got a demand saying they were going to do the same procedure

nearly two years ago!!i

wrote to them with an income expenditure plan and agreed my repayments.

this took nearly 5 weeks fo them to agree.

they served the SD by hand whilst i was on holiday that time.

it was a loose document and no envelope.

do you think they are chancing their arm again??

i will send CCA as i much more genned up after reading on here about cases of a similar nature.

to date i have no evidence of what the debt is for despite paying it off!!!!

do i still need to ado the court thing?

the old one was pushed through letterbox

and was on my doormat when returning from holiday nearly two years ago.

the latest was posted and received approx 5 days later.

as i am a postman that means 2nd class to me.

it was in a large envelope with a business service mail franking that i do remember.

5 days is second class in my business.

Acknowledge nothing to connaught.

They breached OFT guidlines SERIOUSLY when serving the other SD:

Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. contacting debtors at unreasonable times and at unreasonable intervals

b. pressurising debtors to sell property, to raise funds by further

borrowing or to extend their borrowing

c. using more than one debt collection business at the same time

resulting in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different parties

d. not ensuring that an adequate history of the debt is passed on as

appropriate resulting in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different

parties

e. not informing the debtor when their case has been passed on to a

different debt collector

f. pressurising debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments,

or to increase payments when they are unable to do so

g. making threatening statements or gestures or taking actions which

suggest harm to debtors

h. ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are

disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

i. disclosing or threatening to disclose debt details to third parties unless

legally entitled to do so

j. acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either

deliberately or through lack of care, for example, by not putting

correspondence in a sealed envelope and putting it through a letterbox,

thereby running the risk that it could be read by third parties.

Request their formal complaints procedure and make a complaint. I know it's a long time, but you have only just been made aware of the serious nature of the breach and your rights. It may well pull them off you too ;)

• Haha 1

ok so i just send the cca to them?do i also ask in a letter for their formal complaints procedure at this time when i send the cca letter.?

I have found the two letters for court on here do i still need to send these?

thanks again.i am sending the cca tomorrow recorded delivery.i will send another letter asking for complaints procedure separately.

once agin i want to confirm that i do not need to respnd to the chap who sent the sd and has said that i must reply to them within 21 days to acknowledge receipt of this?

How can the issue a SD when you are in a payment plan.

You want to demand in your set aside that they are brought to Court and anserable to these threaterning SD.

HAK