Just starting out my first claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all!

A couple of days ago a fairly hefty envelope arrived through my letterbox and seeing it sitting on the mat I thought 'damn! it got here quicker than you thought!' inside the envelope were 5 years worth of bank charges... They were not mine however- i'm going through the process of disputing bank charges for a friend of mine who's self admitted laziness prevents him from doing it himself. I had a cursory read through the forums when we went filled out the form to request the statements but I am not as prepared as I planned to be when the statements arrived! Adds to the excitement though I suppose!

All I know so far is that the bank in question is RBS and that there is probably somewhere in the region of 5-6 thousand pounds worth of charges... Do we try to claim back interest on the charges? How long will it take to fill out the forms? This will all need to be worked out, but with the seeming inexhaustible raft of information on this site, i'm sure we will prevail!

Andy

Hi and welcome to CAG :-)

Firstly go through the statements and mark off all the charges . then go through them again ;-)

Next you need to put all the charges into one of the spreadsheets here an example of the simple spreadsheet can be found here

Then send the prelim letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

Spend sometime familiarising yourself with the site. Make sure you read the site rules and the FAQ's.

A couple of useful links are the How do I guide to the forum and the A to Z Index

:-)

saint

Edited by saintly_1