• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Paul & Sparkie RBS seem to have bigger fish to fry

JonCris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:)

Two self-made millionaires were furious yesterday after Scotland's largest bank continued to delay producing crucial evidence which it claims proves it was authorized to leave them penniless.

Edmund Keane and Jimmy Jones are arguing that the Royal Bank of Scotland had no right to use their life savings to set off debts on accounts set up secretly in their names by Keane's brother, the former Celtic director and RBS bank manager Dominic Keane.

Yesterday at the Court of Session in Edinburgh the bank requested another six weeks to examine the "numerous" hidden accounts and produce documentation which it claims shows that Dominic Keane instructed it to act as it had done.advertisement

The request was agreed by Lord Angus Glennie on condition that the bank agreed to a call from the two men's lawyer for it to supply all documents relating to instructions given by Dominic Keane for the opening of and making of debit entries for the first two years of all the relevant accounts.

The order follows a three-and-a-half year battle by the two men who are suing RBS over claims that it lost their £10m fortune and left them several million pounds in debt.

Both of them had agreed to grant power of attorney to Dominic Keane in 1990 when they moved overseas after selling off their carpet empire Colonel Gees.

But neither of them had any idea that all their money had gone until 2005 when a cheque for Mr Jones's sons' private school fees suddenly bounced and Edmund Keane received a letter telling him he was more than £2.5m in debt.

Yesterday's order came the day after it emerged that Dominic Keane is accused of using the concealed accounts to carry out a 13-year multi-million-pound fraud.

Michael Jones QC, lawyer for the two men, the pursuers in the case, attacked the bank during yesterday's hearing for continually failing to provide proof that the instructions existed despite repeated requests by the pair's legal team.

He said: "They RBS have had three-and-a-half years to investigate their position on this."

Later he added: "We're talking about two pursuers'...life savings."

The bank had claimed that the power of attorney agreements provided "sufficient authorisation" for it to use the men's fortunes to set off debts on the unknown accounts without telling them.

At court earlier this week RBS revealed that it had also received specific instructions from Dominic Keane, prompting Lord Glennie to rule that it must now provide proof of that for the two men.

Paul Cullen QC, acting for RBS, requested the six week time period yesterday after explaining that it would take a considerable amount of time to examine the "hundreds" of debit entries on the numerous accounts.

Quizzed by the judge he confessed that he didn't have a "complete understanding" of the "nature or detail" of all the documents or what was involved in going through them.

But he said: "Much of the information is likely to be of an entirely routine, daily nature. It is a little difficult to say what will entail getting proof."

After the hearing a source close to the men told "Three-and-a-half years after sending a letter to Edmund saying that all his money had gone and that he now owed about £2.5m, and after bouncing Jimmy's school fees cheque, the bank are still not willing to provide the information that they say shows that Dominic Keane gave them instructions to authorize these transactions.

"This was these men's life savings but the bank is still saying it would be too time-consuming to trawl through files to find evidence of instructions from Dominic Keane. Meanwhile Edmund Keane and Jimmy Jones are penniless. They are really angry."

The case will be continued at a preliminary hearing to be held in October.

Hi JonCris,

The net RBS use to catch their fish to fry hasvery small holes in it ,,,,,it is designed to catch every single unsupecting fish,,,,,,,,both Paul and I have one account...one account number......but that account hastwo "book debts" one book debt is Approximately twice the amount of the other..

sparkie

Nice one JC - i will bet the amount contained in my falsely created RBS "loan account" that they will not provide any documents giving power of attorney.

Another link: Former Celtic Director At Centre Of Lost Millions Row (from The Herald )

Edited by paulwlton

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

If the RBS can't find this power of attorney document....then they will have to face up to the fact that they have misappropriated the money as far as the fact .......they have edit it.

sparkie

Edited by HSBCrusher
please be careful as to what you post please

If the RBS can't find this power of attorney document....then they will have to face up to the fact that they have misappropriated the money as far as the fact .......they have edit it.

sparkie

I think Sir Fred should be stripped of his knighthood - RBS are a disgrace.

I'm surprised this has only been reported in Scottish media.

Edited by paulwlton

Winston Churchill

edit (Can I say that??!)

They just do whatever they like.

Has anybody ever seen Sir Fred? Maybe he can't type or write! Never seems to reply to anybody.....not even MP's!!!

D

Edited by HSBCrusher
no you cant :-)

I've spoken personally to the chap in this thread and it looks like the amount RBS were claiming had been artificialy inflated by about £13k. As of yet RBS have not provided srtaements showing how this figure was reached. The judge threw the claim out when RBS failed to turn up with the judge stating "RBS want this buied".

Unsurprisingly his account/s were held at CMS Telford.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/135159-royal-bank-scotland-claim.html

Winston Churchill

• 1 month later...

Latest from the Keane case.

The judge has ordered RBS to go back through several key accounts for Mr Keane and Mr Jones and provide all documentation plus explanations for all missing documents. They were supposed to have provided all the documents already and said that they had done so, but today seemed to suggest there might be more info available. They also agreed to provide the explanations requested, which they hadn't done for today.

So essentially the case continues until next month.

Winston Churchill

Watching this with interest.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Latest from the Keane case.

The judge has ordered RBS to go back through several key accounts for Mr Keane and Mr Jones and provide all documentation plus explanations for all missing documents. They were supposed to have provided all the documents already and said that they had done so, but today seemed to suggest there might be more info available. They also agreed to provide the explanations requested, which they hadn't done for today.

So essentially the case continues until next month.

Exactly what they did and are doing with me.

December 2005........We have no documents on you, Mr sparkie.

6 months later.......ICO makes them supply 3 docs ....RBS said

We haven't got any more

18 months later March 2007 produce all my personal bank statemets...... in court.

Produce my copied credit file ...in court.

Produce records of my "Router Account" .....in court.

6 months later after the court case produce copies of my long closed business account.

In Feb 2008 Tell my MP they do not have any more.

In June 2008 produce another 25 documents.

They still havent produced records of how 5 cheques carried out 10 transactions some 14 days apart.

Havent produced a copy or any records of an "alleged" loan agreement.

Although admitting a sum of money was taken from my personal account, say they don't know where it is. and havent offfered it me back ....its been missing for 10 years.

sparkie

Paul I note sparkies post 4 was edited you may wish to do the same with your post 6 just so there is a match on the word used.

Just a thought but a bit late in the day.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Paul I note sparkies post 4 was edited you may wish to do the same with your post 6 just so there is a match on the word used.

Just a thought but a bit late in the day.

aa

Well spotted, although i agree with him.

Paul

Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

Paul and Sparkie,

On the RBS front you may be pleased to know I have one little victory coming up and two fights still on with reference to PPI.

This is the thread very long but probably nowhere near Pauls thread....:eek:

alanalana PPI claim against RBS (looking for some help) please

apologies if you have already viewed:)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.