Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Default from Settled Joint Account...

Hi,

I recently received a copy of my credit report to find that RBOS had put a default on there.

I seperated from my ex-husband in Oct 2005 and we had a joint account with RBOS. The account was into the overdraft slightly and I paid in money to bring it back into credit. I requested that my ex-husband agree to close the account and he said he would get things sorted. What he actually did was change the correspondance address (without me knowing) to his father's address. He then went away on business and proceeded to write cheques out of the account. This took the account to around 50 overdrawn and then he ignored letters of charges etc. Over a period of about 6 months, charges were added leaving the balance at 486DR. They then closed the account. The first I knew about any of this was when Moorcroft contacted me to settle the account.

I requested the statements (which is how I know what happened with the account). Then a threatening letter to my ex-husband pursusaded him to settle the account. He left 86 oweing and I settled this to get the debt collectorsicon off my back.

I have now realised that I have a default and was never sent anything advising me of this or giving me chance to settle the account whilst it was open. I have never received any correspondance from the bank.

I wrote to the bank on 12th July 2008 requesting the default notice etc. as per the template letters and after 28 days, I have received no reply.

I just wondered what I can do next to maybe claim the money back but more importantly get the defaut off my account?

Best wishes

Gemma.