style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone has any idea what I should do now. Owing to financial difficulties I applied to the planning dept of my local council ( in Scotland) for outline planning permission for two houses on two sites in front of my cottage. Eventually it was turnd down and five policies were given as the reason. I appealed and was again turned down. So was forced to sell my cottage ( I am now homeless) The people who bought my cottage eventually put it back on the market. A potential buyer put in an offer on condition planning permission was given for two houses. exactly what I applied for and in the same place. Beleive it or not planning permission was given!!!! Any ideas?

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

At face value it would seem that you were not treated fairly, however the new owners plans could differ from those you submitted

They will also may have the experience of hindsight, possibly having access to the documentation accompanying your original application, therefore being able to submit altered planning application.

If you feel that something untoward has occurred to could as a councillor to investigate, and consider raising the issue with the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman, this is a link to their web site Scottish Public Services Ombudsman.

Andy

Edited by old_andrew2007
typo

Andy thanks for your reply. The outline planning aplication was exactly the same as mine the plans and every thing else. I have already written to the council and they have replied saying they were looking into it and would be back to me within 15 days!!! I have just heard that the deal with the new buyers has fallen through. That is probably because of the condition of the market. But still planning permission has been granted. Will let you know what happens. I will probably put it in the hands of my lawyers considering the hardship all this has caused.