• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

1st Credit/LCS RE LLoyds loan scotland

the_scorpion
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a bank loan that was on lowered payments for a while

two months ago they wrote saying if payments couldn’t be put up again the account would be handed to an outside agency so I could be put on a long term payment plan.

That was fine until I got a phone call from 1st credit asking all sorts of questions which I answered (never had dealings with these people before) assuming he was about to set up a payment plan

but at the end of the conversation he said I would be taken to court unless I pay the whole amount (£3500) within two weeks.

I told him I couldn’t pay it all and the most I could pay was £30 per month but he wasn’t interested.

I got another letter yesterday from a solicitor company saying they were acting on behalf of 1st credit and if I didn’t pay the full amount in fourteen days then I will be taken to court.

Any advice as to what I can do or what I should expect next?

p.s. I am in Scotland

Thanks in advance

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st Credit are well known here. There will be plenty of support along as the day goes by.

Rule No 1 : Never speak to the debt collections agencies on the phone. As you have discover they can be highly aggressive, and anything you say is likely to be either ignored or distorted.

You mention a 'solicitor company'. Which one? It is probably part of 1st Credit as well. Such letters are just part of the threat process designed to frighten you and panic you into making payment.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Bet is was LCS... They are just part of Wurst Credit so dont get phased.

Can you provide some info on when the loan was taken, was it secured etc etc?

[CENTER][CENTER][B] Has this post helped you?[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][CENTER]If so please click on the scales!! [LEFT][B]<--------------------------------[/B] [/LEFT] [/CENTER] [/LEFT] [/CENTER]

Good old 1st crudit, lets take a sledgehammer and upset another person who was quite happily paying the debt.

Well if it was a loan there must be a consumer credit agreement somwhere (or Not) so you could in the first instance send 1st crapit a CCA Request asking them to provide the said agreement within the prescribed 12 days.

cost a £1 the template is in the library, send it recorded and sit back and wait for the cretins to provide something

Oh and dont sign it just print your name, and as stated dont talk to the phone jockey's

Be careful what you put on this thread as worst crudit are avid readers!!! The letters you have are standard ones so just get the CCA request off ASAP and let us know what happens

The more info you give on here, the more likely they are to work out who you are and then they will know your every move!!! (that doesn't mean don't post, just be vague with details ;))

This is not a challenge but a genuine question - how do we know they are avid readers?

[CENTER][CENTER][B] Has this post helped you?[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][CENTER]If so please click on the scales!! [LEFT][B]<--------------------------------[/B] [/LEFT] [/CENTER] [/LEFT] [/CENTER]

Thanks all for the help.

To answer a couple of questions. the loan was taken out around four years ago and is unsecured.

My £30 payment has not been paid for two months now as the bank took me off the short term payment plan and i was to be moved to a long term plan with an outside agency as they put it.

I now have no idea who I've to make my payments to anymore.

All i want to do is get the thing sorted so i can make my monthly payment again but 1st don't seem interested in monthly payments only full payments.

The solicitor company is LCS as someone rightly said.

I will post a CCA letter today.

Is there anything else i can do or am i stuck now until they do something?

Send the CCA and wait, they know the time scales and what they are supposed to do, if no reply within 12+2 days then the account is in dispute and they can rant and rave as much as they like, but they cant do diddly squat

It's only in dispute if you actually tell them you are disputing it and the grounds for dispute. It doesn't automatically become disputed.

Naturally the unavailability of a credit agreement is excellent grounds for dispute.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

I received a letter back from them today after sending a CCA.

This is what it says.

We refer to your recent communication requesting a copy of a relevant agreement.

The document you have requested is retained by the client.

We will therefore advise them of your request and arrange for the document to be sent as soon as possible.

Should your request also include the below document, please be advised of the following.

Deeds of assignment

– we would refer you to section 136 of the law and property act 1975 which provides that the debtor is notified of the assignment of the debt in writing and not a copy of the deed itself.

Copy statements – there is a charge of £10 for this information.

On receipt of the copy agreement we would expect you to contact this office immediately to arrange settlement of this debt.

I'm baffled as to what this means. HELP.

Standard BS from 1st crud.

They are aware that they have to furnish your CCA request, ie. CCA, statement of account since they held it and a copy of the notice of assigment within the 12 + 2 working days timescale or they get the wrath of CPUTR 2008 ;)

Poor dears are getting confudled with S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) again asking for £10 for full acount information, which can only be retrieved and requested by you from the original creditor :rolleyes:

When/if they go over the 12 +2 report them straight away to Trading Standards and the OFT if they request payment (which includes any intimidating correspndence).

Poor dears are getting confudled with S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) again asking for £10 for full acount information, which can only be retrieved and requested by you from the original creditor :rolleyes:

Not true : you can request a SAR from anybody. In fact it may be a good idea to make a request to the DCA as well to see if they have added any additional information.

I received a letter back from them today after sending a CCA. This is what it says.

Deeds of assignment – we would refer you to section 136 of the law and property act 1975 which provides that the debtor is notified of the assignment of the debt in writing and not a copy of the deed itself.

I received the same letter back but it said:

Deeds of assignment – we would refer you to section 136 of the law and property act 1925 not 1975 :confused:

Whats all that about????

If I make S.A.R request then wont they expect full payment to clear the account rather than put me on some sort of payment plan?

Why should they? A SAR is purely and simply a request. There are no connotations of liability or anything else.

If they expect anything from you it won't be because of the SAR.

Not true : you can request a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) from anybody. In fact it may be a good idea to make a request to the DCA as well to see if they have added any additional information.

I was pointing out that 1st crud were asking for £10 for a statement of account which is part of the CCA request and is FOC anytime a customer wants one...

I received the same letter back but it said:

Deeds of assignment – we would refer you to section 136 of the law and property act 1925 not 1975 :confused:

Whats all that about????

Sorry, that's my fault. I typed the wrong number.

Here's the letter.

32Loan.jpg

What are you doing about yours if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by the_scorpion
mistake

Playing the waiting game to be honest.

They've also stat demanded me and I've ben asked to appear before the judge which is a little worrying, but thats on another thread and I'm waiting for some advice.

Sit tight pal

Why should they? A S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) is purely and simply a request. There are no connotations of liability or anything else.

If they expect anything from you it won't be because of the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

I was just going by what they put on the letter they sent. If they send me the agreement then they expect me to contact them and arrange settlement of the debt.

Should I send a S.A.R just now or wait and see what happens with the CCA?

Thanks

They're getting their CCAs and SAR mixed up again :rolleyes:

Under the CCA request they must supply a true copy of the properly executed agreement, a copy of the Notice of Assignemt and a statement of the account since they've had their grubby paws on it.

£10 is for full SAR from the OC.

When does your 12 + 2 expire re: CCA request?