invernessguy -v- bank of scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after a long time adding up statements, i have arrived at a figure for my bos account.

£4750.00

and thats not quite all of it, but up to march 2006.

I sent a first letter on 20-06-06

reply recieved on 26th from eileen brown.... sorry etc, we will be in touch in 4 weeks, etc,

Im just about to send off my second letter tomorrow morning, LBA.

please excuse my rantings, if it doesnt make sense, just wanted to see it in print so i can follow it all again easily.

donnie

18-04-06 DPA sent to BOS

18-04-06 DPA sent to SMILE (a/c closed 2004)

18-04-06 DPA telephone request IF (a/c closed 2005)

20-05-06 LBA sent to IF for 974.30, 2nd letter sent 14-06-04

Expecting somewhere around 5k :D

got a reply back today.... asa a gesture of goodwill etc, £350.00 in full and final settlement,

I DONT THINK SO......

donnie

18-04-06 DPA sent to BOS

• 9 months later...

to continue my previous post...

I have been distracted from getting my money back for some time.

They offered me a revised amount of 1050 in august 2006.

I wrote to them again in feb this year, this time adding interest at 8%, total nearly 7k.

However, last week i did a spreadsheet showing 15k, if i add contractual interest. Im not too sure if its right, and would like some expert advice, as it is a huge claim.

Im worried about court costs if i lose..... Is someone out there able to hold my hand? If i get 15k back, i would be VERY grateful!!

donnie

18-04-06 DPA sent to BOS

Donnie, need to ask why you have decided to add 8% to your claim? This is a statutory interest that you are awarded if your claim goes to court. You shouldn't be simply adding it to your claim at this stage.

As a result, I strongly recommend you thinking twice about bumping up your claim again with CI. If you did end up in court - very likely for £15k - I would anticipate the bank applying for your claim to be struck out on the grounds that a) you don't know what you are doing and b) you are unreasonable / greedy / taking the pi55 in constantly increasing your claim.

I presume also that you are in Scotland given the name, so I don't even think you can claim for that amount in Scotland in the normal way? Things have changed a lot since 06, you can't split claims anymore, subsequent claims are being struck out. I don't know enough about Scottish process, so that is for you to discover....

Best advice I could give you, is to wipe those pound signs out of your eyes and be realistic. Stick with the 8% which you shouldn't be claiming now anyway.....to bump it up even further would be extremely risky.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!