Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Can I do an SAR for a closed account (c/c)?

Hello!

I've just been leafing through my old statements (as you do), and I found details of an RBSicon Advanta credit card that I had completely forgotten I even had.

It was paid off in full and closed in May '03, but having looked at the 6 months worth of statements I found, there's a quite a few charges at 20 a pop.

Can I still send them an S.A.R - (Subject access requesticon) even though the account has been closed for a few years? If so, how do I go about it? Would I just follow the standard instructions I've seen in various threads, or would I need to do something else?

Thanks anyone for any information you can offer, it's always gratefully received

Similar Threads:
    Time flies like an arrow...
    Fruit flies like a banana.
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: Can I do an SAR for a closed account (c/c)?

Yes you can claim on a closed account. You do it the same as you would an active account.

Send your SARicon asap.

Thanks very much, I was hoping that was the case

Follows
    Following

Excellent - thanks very much

Now I just have to go and find out how to do it all - I seem to be spending most of my waking hours on here at the moment

Follows
    Following

oops, thought I'd logged out inbetween writing post 3 and clicking submit, so I wrote it again. Ho hum.:o

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details