Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default I need some help

Hello Everybody,
    I have an RBSicon cash card acoount but i do not use this card for nearly 3 years for i have another bank account i am currently using. 3 years ago i moved anotehr address and i notified all my banks and credit card companies about address change including RBS. At that time i had 15 pound in my account.

However two month ago i got a call from them telling me i owe them 275 pounds for overdraft charges. I asked how did happened, they told me nearly one year ago AA tried to get money from my account using a direct debiticon mandate. Then they charged me 28 pounds for overdraft since there is not enough fund in my account. then sent a letter to my previous account, of course i did not get it, then they charge me every month since then.

AA side is another story. one year before i got a road recovery contaract with them and paid all cash. However they asked my bank details, actually i did not see any proplem with this, english is my sec language and i am not good rewading small print. I think they use this account to ask money from RBS altough i did not renew my contract with them.

at the end i refused to pay the money. It is unfair and for me day time robbery. . On the phone they always use an abusive language and try bully me to paying it straight away. what should i do any help will be appreciated. thank you for everything

Default Re: I need some help

Firstly, do not speak to them on the phone. If they call you, refuse to answer their security questions and insist that everything must be in writing. If you don't talk to them, they can't bully you.

Do you have all your statements covering this period, or where they sent to your old address too?

RMW
    "If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: I need some help

Thank you for your answer, i do not have any statement, for they send my all statements send my previous address. However i got a statement from my local branch it shows there the only transactions are those bank charges.

They contacted me after ten months over my phone number. hey should have contacted me after first month. Anyway, now i got a letter 2 days ago to my last address, asking me pay 450 pound otherwise they threaten me to file a default and do necessary things to recover the debt.

I do not believe that it is my debt. what should i do? i do not want them to list me as defaulted for it might affect my relations with other banks and institutions. can they get this money from me through courts?

do you know any law company to take this on legal aid? please help

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details