Refund and non return of faulty goods!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I purchased a Garmin sat nat from an online store in January this year, in around May time the on/off button stopped working so I contacted the store and they advised me to send it back.

Sent it back, they then mailed me to say it was too technical (?) for them to fix so has been returned to the manufacturers and would be repaired within 28 days.

My job means I'm on the road so asked for a replacement or refund they quoted their T&C's which state they will only do this within 14 days of delivery and refused this. I've checked the Trading Standards Website which indicates that if the fault developed within 6 months (it developed at month 4) then it is up to the retailer to prove that the item was not faulty at time of sale.

It got to 21 working days and had no contact from the retailer so mailed them and they just replied with a standard "it'll be 28 days" So I asked for the return of the item (even if it hadn't been fixed). I again just got an email back saying "it'll be 28 days to be fixed" standard email, nothing about my request for it to be returned.

I waiting until 28 working days and still no updates from them, emailed them again and they are still refusing to return my unit either fixed or in it's broken state! (although I couldn't turn it on with the button it was still usable as worked when plugged into cigarette lighter). They just keep sending standard emails quoting "it'll be 28 days but may be longer if the repair is particularly technical" (timescale unspecified) it's a bloody on off switch!

what can I do!? They are refusing to enter into any form of email conversation and just quote their T&C's on standard emails - but the thing thats really annoying is they wont even return MY property!!

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

I'd write to them pointing out their failure under the SOGA as amended, given the 14 days to respond, at the same time contact consumer direct, your trading standards asking them to investigate and refer your concern to the on-line traders TS department.

At the same time you could complain to the OFT, under the new CPUT Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

I'm not sure if this company will particularly enjoy being one of the first companies having a complaint made against them under the regs.