• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Blair Oliver & Scott & old GUS finance loan still paying them!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Could somebody help me with this credit agreement IE. enforcable or not!

the personal loan side has the signatures of both my wife & myself. And the insurance is also signed for.

On the Preference Account side, My wife is the applicant. there is no aurhtorised user specified. And I signed the agreement. This has been struck through with 3 lines as if cancelled.. but I was the one who was issued with a preference card.

As you can see, the insurance on the loan had been lumped in!

I would appreciate any input as to what mileage is in this agreement. We are about to S.A.R. BOS and would like to know where we stand on this first.

Thanks to all,

scampjet.

img002.pdf

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) Just bumping this for you Scampjet.

In the meantime, have you looked at this thread here.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Sorry to post offtopic in this thread but a passing comment - couldn't HBOS think of a more creative effort when naming their in house DCA-lite than just making up some names to match their own initials? It doesn't say much about the quality of management in that bank!

On the subject of the preference account, I have an almost identical agreement, which actually purports to be an agreement for a bank account. I have disputed that the 'agreement' is enforceable for the reasons on this thread:- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/112921-bos-preference-account.html

I've had no response from BOS.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

It looks enforceable to me, although I haven't done the maths.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Hi tomterm8 and thanks for looking,

Regarding the maths, (and without totting it up) I would be gratful if you would let me Know how you read the loan figure . Does this have to be clear to make it enforceable? It maybe just the copy I have been given but it looks like 1300 to me (clutching at straws). On the preference account, its my wifes name at the top (applicant) signed by me, then struck out with 3 lines.

Until I SAR BOS I can't remember what this account was for but I still have the switch card that came in my name.

I read the maths as 4,300, with PPI of 1591.50, total credit 5891.00 .

I assume the signature is yours? In which case, if they paid you the money, the incorrect name / address would be enough to make it improperly executed, but IMHO the judge would think you were having a laugh.

Worth PMing curlyben to see what he thinks, however.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

It looks petty ok to me.....sorry

The maths seem ok....haven't checked the apr though

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

You would be able to reclaim the PPI... if the PPI was sold as optional, then it is correct, if it was sold as obligatory it should be in the total charge for credit, which AFAIK would make the agreement unenforceable.

LOOKING AT THE FORM

the signature is dated 2003 but the references to data protection are in the style used when the old data protection act applied (pre march 2000)

the data protection act 1998 did not come into effect until march 1st 2000 ------------

so this application form has not been updated as it should have been from march 1st 2000..................... now the question is are there any implications of the above ????

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

could you post the terms and conditions in non antipodean mode (right way up)

regarding that preference account it does not say it is regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 ,,, but this is only for the minor £500 overdraft

note the form is dated oct 2001 bottom right corner ???

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Interesting.

I would certainly be inclined to reclaim the single premium PPI as these are generally missold. PPI Reclaiming Guide: Free template letters to get £1,000s back on loan insurance...

There is NO reference to it being an optional extra for this loan. That alone is important. Further information on that aspect here: PPI Reclaiming Guide: Free template letters to get £1,000s back on loan insurance...

I'm also not happy about the £89 "admin fee", something is ringing bells here, but I can't put my finger on it.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Hi curlyben,

One of the problems we have with this is that we don't know who we would claim off!

the loan as per the agreement is With Gus finance limit

( if they still exist) and the balance owing is with BOS.

I can't remeber who the original creditor was I think it was bank of Scotland.

What confuses us even more is that the Preference account agreement is between us and Capitol Bank.

We don't know how much of the total balance is from which creditor.

Also, we had been paying this to BOS for a number of years,

before we had a DMP and via ccc's for about 3 years.

The balance is still standing at about £8000.

We are about to SAR BOS to find charges etc.

But obviously this will only be what they've added.

Thoroughly confused!

In the insurance section(part 2) only my wifes name is included (printed in) Yet we both signed the loan agreement.

If I remember correctly,

we were contacted by Bank of scotland by phone

and asked if we wanted this loan,

then the papers were sent out to us.

• 3 years later...

After nearly 4 years of not hearing a word from them and paying £10 per month by standing order,

our last payment was returned to our bank as unaccepted due to incorrect details.

this morning we had a letter from BOS to say that we have defaulted and need to contact them to make the installment.

My wife made the payment over the phone and was asked to increase the amount

because it had;nt been reviewed for 4 years and should have been reviewed six monthly.

We have had no contact from them all this time and have not missed a payment.

BOS accepted the £10 a month after we closed down our DMP as this was the only way we could stop paying

our other creditors and dispute the debts with them.

With the help of this forum and months of very stressful wrangling,

we successfully fought off all our other debts and having no pressing DCA or threats etc from BOS,

let sleeping dogs lay and continued to pay each month.....

Just goes to show that sleeping dogs will jump up and try to bite you on the bum if they get the chance!

I'm expecting more to come of this.

They say that because we have defaulted (rather than they returned the payment)

the account has been put on hold until Feb 2nd.

They are going to send a financial schedule form which we will return and will show that we can ill afford

to pay more than at present, but I get the feeling that this has been engineered to open the flood gates

for something bigger and at the same time, making out it's our fault .

I havnt got as far as digging out the files on them yet .

.....but I think we will have to be ready for a fight.

Apparently the systems between our bank and BOS are no longer compatable or some such twaddle.

We shall see whether the next payment goes through or not!

I would be grateful for any further input and advice.

Re: [problem]p]pjet-v-Blair Oliver & Scott

After nearly 4 years of not hearing a word from them and paying £10 per month by standing order,

our last payment was returned to our bank as unaccepted due to incorrect details.

this morning we had a letter from BOS to say that we have defaulted and need to contact them to make the installment.

My wife made the payment over the phone and was asked to increase the amount because it had'nt been reviewed for 4 years and should have been reviewed six monthly.

We have had no contact from them all this time and have not missed a payment.

BOS accepted the £10 a month after we closed down our dmp as this was the only way we could stop paying our other creditors

and dispute the debts with them.

With the help of this forum and months of very stressful wrangling,

we successfully fought off all our other debts and having no pressing DCA or threats etc from BOS,

let sleeping dogs lay and continued to pay each month..

... Just goes to show that sleeping dogs will jump up and try to bite you on the bum if they get the chance!

I'm expecting more to come of this.

They say that because we have defaulted (rather than they returned the payment)

the account has been put on hold until Feb 2nd.

They are going to send a financial schedule form which we will return and will show that we can ill afford to pay more than at present,

but I get the feeling that this has been engineered to open the flood gates for something bigger and at the same time,

making out it's our fault

.I havnt got as far as digging out the files on them yet .

.....but I think we will have to be ready for a fight.

Apparently the systems between our bank and BOS are no longer compatable or some such twaddle.

We shall see whether the next payment goes through or not!

I would be grateful for any further input and advice.

So we understand that there were no changes made to the standing order. This time it just went wrong - so it seems as if it is definitely bank error - but they have no seized the moment to make your lives difficult for you.

I hope that you are continuing to make the payments. You must not stop - even if they try to refuse payments. Do everything in writing - nothing on the phone - or else record your calls - get a Truecall.

What was the original instalments agreement? Have yo got anything in writing about it? If there is nothing in writing the it may be reasonable to suppose that it was meant to be subject to review at some point. How much is the debt? How long will it take to clear it at the present rate of repayment?

What is the debt?

I suggest that you don't fill out any forms until you have let us have these answers

I've moved your thread to the BOS forum. You had put it in the RBS forum