bankrupcy order pending re;- council tax

zigvsam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys yet again i find myself dealing with this situation. i am having trouble finding the correct place to put this so if its not here please excuse me.

Council tax are trying out their scare tactics with banckrupcy. i have heard of a few that are going through and i am wanting to know more info on how i can get this debt over a long term period. ive been in court when ex husband tried to repo the house and i won much to abbey's disgust but how does the land lie with council tax?

i admit i have not had a pot to .... in since divorce and i do keep overlooking this bill when i do my budgets. i can arrange a payment plan but nothing like what they require.

welcome any advice or links to info.

Ty.

Sorry don't know the background, but just a suggestion, have you checked to see if you would get a rebate on the council tax.

I would also write to them with an I/E attached with your offer, after all they can't have what you haven't got.

thankyou for your reply. have sent a i/e they said havent recieved one although only sent it 7 days ago and they give you a 2nd class post envelope which can now take upto 2 weeks to get sent anywhere! so sent a 2nd one.

i have 5 children ageing 8months to 9 years & recieve working families tax credit. it shows on my means statement i do not live in the lap of luxury they think i do.

i have continued to pay 40/mnth they have said that this basically isnt enough ?

they have enquired as to where the money went in the divorce/ me buying the house. my ex recieved a pay out of 11k and it cost me £4k to defend his actions. leaving me with the house title in my name and a co-owner whom without his help couldnt of bought in the first place. i do recieve a relief of £120/ annum on my council tax. basically 1 month free i suppose.

as the house is a co ownership situation will that give me more or less benefit?

finally there isnt any equity in this property although from reading other posts it doesnt seem to make that much difference. i could at a great push raise the £3k needed but then putting myself at further risk .

Any further comments appreciated.

thanks

sorry didn't get back on until now ( major connection problems) have you checked out the web site entitledto it lets you check which benefits you can receive.

I am just going through the process myself so not altogether clued up on benefits etc.

I would just carry on with the payments that you can afford I will try and find some more info for you.

Another thought have you tried getting in touch with your MP they may well be able to help.

I was in trouble with the council tax for years they tried to bankrupt me we eventually paid it off when we sold the house they seemed to think we hadd hidden money away some hope I suggest you go and see them taking everything you can think of plus the kids budget plans bank statements benifit ect and ask them to sort out what you should pay and where they suggest you get the money from that will certainly make a bit of a delay and you never know they might be more realistic about the whole problem

thanks guys. i think may look at the charging order. im sure its aroung 8% a year interest which i guess is a better rate than what i would get a loan for good credit is just not gonna happen for me! will probably sell or remortgage in a few years so it would keep the hounds a bay.

thanks again

sue