Barclaycard charging earlier than they've admitted

slick132
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This will now only have relevance to claimants wanting to go back beyond 6 years.

There's been confusion about when BC started charging "Out of Order", "Over Limit" and "Late Pay't" fees.

It's been suggested that BC were charging back in the 80's up to 1989 when they stopped due to competition. It's been said they recommenced charging in 2000 or 2001.

HOWEVER, I have my own state's which show an O.O.O. fee in Dec'r 1996 and another user has confirmed charges in mid 1995 shown on original state's. The amounts charged were £10 and £20.

Although my a/c was often delinquent back then, I was only charged occasionally and seemingly at random.

So if you are reclaiming beyond 6 years and have your old statements, make sure you check the older ones carefully for these charges.

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 4 weeks later...