• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Clark v Natwest ***WON***

Clarky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all! I'm new to all this but thought I'd post and let people know my progress!!I'd just like to say what a fantastic website helpful everyone is to each other!

Unbelievably I'm a law student but this feels like completely new territory to me and I'm finding it a little worrying that my account will be shut but hey....I want MY money back!!!

I sent my first letter to NatWest yesterday via recorded delivery asking for all my statements etc. Ive realised that I can claim charges from 5 different institutions but as I'm not well off enough to send a tenner to each of them I thought I'd test the water with my main bank and if(??) I'm sucessful then I'll pursue the others!! Sound like a good plan??

Well my forty days has only just begun but good luck to all and I will be sure to donate should I be sucessful in my claim!!

Clark

:p If you like the advice I give or I have helped you in any way, click the scales and let me know about it x :p

NatWest: £1148.00 (defence filed 3/10/06)

Halifax: £2600.00 Letter received 28/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL!!!:lol:

Co-op: £1140.00 Cheque received 5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

Barclays Bank: £510.00 (LBA time up 19/9/06) Offer received of £250.00 thanks but no thanks

Barclaycard: £840.00 Half refunded mcol being done for the other half!

Capital One: £100 Settled in full after preliminary letter

RBS: £38.00 SETTLED IN FULL 14th September 2006

STILL TO GO.......

Hubbys Halifax visa :p

Hubbys Yorkshire bank visa :)

Hubbys old Yorkshire bank (closed) account :rolleyes:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck Clark!

NatWest Visa - recieved a letter from court wanting more info re what sections of several law things im using to claim back the money - got to reply by 13th! still no idea!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ace - £1300 - SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One - £200 - SETTLED IN FULL

JD Williams - £400 - SETTLED IN FULL

Littlwoods - £2700- SETTLED IN FULL

NATWEST - £2703.33 - SETTLED IN FULL

:mad:

Thanks for the good luck wishes....I see your in the early stages like me!! Lets hope it turns out ok for both of us!!

It makes me soooo mad to think that I'm owed all this money from going overdrawn by a pound here or even a couple of pence there!! Lets hope I can some back!!!

:p If you like the advice I give or I have helped you in any way, click the scales and let me know about it x :p

Barclays Bank: £510.00 (LBA time up 19/9/06) Offer received of £250.00 thanks but no thanks

STILL TO GO.......

Well I hope so... it's annoying to think that the debt I'm in... i wouldn't be in if it weren't for all the damn charges. I'm looking forward to taking the lot to the cleaners... Keep me updated with your case - will be interested to see how it goes.

Nita x

NatWest Visa - recieved a letter from court wanting more info re what sections of several law things im using to claim back the money - got to reply by 13th! still no idea!!!!!

Well I havent heard from NatWest yet or had the cheque come out of my account. xoxnitaxox have you heard anything yet? You sent your letter around the same time as me didnt you?

I'm a little worried cause even though its been signed for when I called Natwest the other night for a new chequebook I asked if there was a note on my account to say whether they'd received a letter. The lady said there wasnt and what was it for! I chickened out of telling her because I was worried that they wouldnt send my chequebook which I need!

Any advice to how long everyone elses has took?? I've looked at the survey results but they only show an average.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated!

Clark x

STILL TO GO.......

Hiya - I wouldn't worry about it, thing is they have 40 days so no amount of getting ont heir backs - or you worrying will change the fact that they are actually allowed to take that long. Balls in their court. I haven't had my statements, but after complaining so much about the attitude of the woman I handed it too - I' not surprised. Two of my others have cashed their cheques... one phoned me yesterday and said "you sent to wrong address so need to resend letter and cheque" but I mentioned they'd cashed it he said "well it'll just have been cashed as a payment to your account" Had a letter this mornign sayng I'll get stateents from them soon (Capital One) so they've no idea what they're doing either! Anyways - Don't worry - leave em alone until the deadline then get the next letter out. You have proof they signed for the letter so know it got there. Good Luck - Again! Will let you know if i hear anything.

Your right I know. I know it got to the branch because thats where I sent it. God knows which department its gone to now though!

Thanks for getting back. I'll keep you posted if anything comes!

Clark x

STILL TO GO.......

Little update. Phoned the bank after being told by a lady in my branch that my SAR - (Subject Access Request) had been sent to their 'procesing dept'. They said they can't find a record of it on their system but to ensure I get them as quickly as possible they will order them today and get them sent out!!

Hmmmm....why are they being so helpful?? We shall see if I get them

Clark xx

STILL TO GO.......

Did the statements ever arrive?

Hi xoxnitaxox

Well just been back in the bank and it turns out my statements are sat in an office somewhere because they dont have a dispatch request on them! (basically theyve been ordered but no instructions where to send them) I would of thought that my home address was obvious!! However not according to the bank! Anyway they are now being sent today first class all 177 sheets! Should be fun trying to get out the door in the morning! Have you received yours yet or has the cheque been cashed??

And hey JuicyLucy81,

Thank you for the good luck wishes.....Nice to find a new person hoping to get their cash back!! Good luck, not that youll need it

Clark xx:p

STILL TO GO.......

Hi fellow Natwest reclaimers!!

I am at Letter Before Action stage there deadline is 29.7.06, no reply yet.

After I sent my repayment letter I got the standard letter 'sorry your not happy you can complain to financial ombusmen etc'.

If I do not recieve a reply by the deadline im going to court!!!!

Ill keep you informed.8-)

Guest NATTIE

Have posted on NatWest thread about how to order copy statements and still I'm reading of yet another fellow colleague(ie banker) ordering them incorrectly. At least you are getting them on time

Hiya Clark,

They seem to be messing you about a bit - but then, it's not like you weren't expecting it - right? Their reputation on sending out statements isn't exactly excellent! Not recieved mine yet, no. And no, the cheque still hasn't been posted. Spoke to them on the phone mind (My branch seem to detest speaking to me since I handed in the SAR!) was told the cheque won't be cashed until they are ready to send out statements... although - last week I was told the cheque will be cashed as soon as the envelope has been opened... so once again, being fobbed off. But to be honest... I couldn't care less, they got another 20ish days... then I'll just go onto next stage. They're biting themselves in the backsides by not being civil enough to honour a simple request.

Good luck rubynicola

Have posted on NatWest thread about how to order copy statements and still I'm reading of yet another fellow colleague(ie banker) ordering them incorrectly. At least you are getting them on time

does this not prove that Natwest are not clear on their policies for ordering copy statements?

Guest NATTIE

Ordering a copy statement is not a policy, its a process, and, from reading on the thread, is not being done correctly. My main reason for posting a guide on NW thread was the paranoia that it was being used as some form of stalling tactic when, in my humble opinion, was incompetence an the part of the individual keying the order.

policy or process... either way - you knew what I meant. How can it not be a stalling tactic - surely it doesn't take 20 odd days to read a letter, order statements and get them posted? I'm sorry but I don't feel you can give an opinion on this as you have nothing to gain from being completely honest about how SLOW natwest are... but everything to lose if they find out who the heck you are. Anyways - still stand my ground - natwest are taking their time on purpose, theres no other explanation.

Guest NATTIE

I can argue with you on what process/policy because I understood that you believed that NW had introduced a process to delay statements which isabsolute rubbish. The reason I use the word process is because if the correct process is followed then statements are sent out in a short space of time. That is why i posted the thread about how to order copy statements. If you can understand that process from where I sit and order copy statements then you are empowered to allow you to proceed with your claim. However, saying this the DPA letter is not just statements, it is data held by NW bank when you called the bank, when you went into the branch and a note was put on your account, the full works. If YOU want copy statements from NW, then the guide(idiot proof-I do it every day and follow the correct process) WILL get you them and I guarantee it 100%. I am not someone who will talk BS to you and say that I think someone who is not following the correct process is anything other than incompetant.

As for the stalling thing, I'll say one thing. Rubbish. I have heard of people having problems receiving copy statements from way before this site came into exsitence, surely you are not saying that from time immemorial the banks have been stalling with copy statements. In my experience that's not the case

I don't dispute that it's always been a problem - I ordered statements 2 years ago, that I was charged for but never actully arrived! My point was that I don't really believe that there are so many incompetent people working at Natwest that so many people are having problems - it doesn't add up. anyway - we're hi-jacking Clarks thread so maybe we could stop arguing the toss over NW... they're simply not worth the hassle.

Hi Clarky,

I did the same as you and reclaimed all my bank charges from the A & L (which are now sitting pretty in my bank account) before I went in for the kill with Nat West. I sent my cheque of on the 4/7/06 and as of yet the cheque has not been cashed which does suprise me somewhat, having read around lots of threads i get the impression from most that the cheques are cashed pretty quickly, but hay ho, who gives a damn, I know they have my letter (bless registered post) and my 40 days are well on the way to running out. I am not going to worry about whats going on in their offices regarding proceedure etc. They have the 40 days and then letter 2 goes out wether cheque cleared or not! We must stick to the demands that we give them and the time schedules we allow them, this is OUR PARTY!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Well my plan of action involved calling the bank a few days after my branch said they'd sent my letter to their 'processing department' to check it had ended up where it should of.....It had not!

So, the woman on the phone offered to do this for me and charge my account directly. When I went in the branch yesterday the very helpful lady told me that if the cheque is now cashed to go in and they will return it as it is not fair to take my money twice.

Fingers crossed, after listening to the conversation between the branch lady and the person who was on the phone my statements should be on my doorstep when I get home from work

I'll let you know!

weaver440....Good luck, let me know how you get on!

And you two (you know who you are!) stop fighting on my thread!

Clark xx:oops:

STILL TO GO.......

lol - we did :p

I asked the bank before giving them the SAR if they could just take the money directly from my account for it - and was told point blank... no :evil: they still haven't cashed my cheque actually - but blokey on phone last time he rang said they won't until they're ready to send statements out... so once its been cashed i SHOULD recieve statements!

Well I'm home from work and there is a massive package of staements in my doorway.....Partially ripped open!

Anyway havent done any adding yet but theyve send duplicates of around 8 months!

Anyway....How to proceed? I have two account. So do I

a) Add up total charges and send my pre-lim for this amount

OR

b) Send two seperate letter for each account?

xoxnitaxox....I hope you get your stuff through soon!

Clark xx:oops:

STILL TO GO.......

Please please please can someone tell me if I send my pre-lim letter for both amounts added together or two seperate letters, one for each account??

Thank s

Clark xx:p

STILL TO GO.......

Hi Clark,

I have asked a similar question on another thread for another bank. But I think you can send one prelim, for both accounts. As long as you put both account numbers on the letter. But do not hold me to that, as i am waiting for a response to my question.

If I get a reply, ill let you know what the answer is.