£21 Million Fraud At Bank Of Scotland In 1996

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Edinburgh and East | Bank manager in £21m loan fraud

FROM 1996 !!!!

A bank manager carried out a £21m fraud on his employers as they named him business manager of the year.

Donald Mackenzie, 45, admitted at the High Court in Edinburgh to taking loans over five years up to March 2004 from the Royal Bank of Scotland by fraud.

The father-of-two had been employed as a business manager at the bank's Princes Street branch in Edinburgh.

A judge deferred sentence on Mackenzie for a background report, but rejected a plea he be allowed to remain on bail. Mackenzie also pleaded guilty to stealing £37,170 between

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's a skeleton about to come out.

http://www.sundayherald.com/news/heraldnews/display.var.2471816.0.hbos_faces_hard_questions_overuse_

of_troubleshooters_who_misappropriated_company_mon

Hope this link works - if not, go to Sunday Herald and key in HBOS Faces Hard questions....

This little [problem] has cost HBOS between £500M and £1BN and it has affected thousands of people. But as you'll see in the article - they have nothing constructive to say. In fact, they've chosen the route of victimising the victims of this crime. In my own case, not content with destroying my family business, HBOS senior executives are also hell bent on evicting us from our house - even although a Judge has refused to do so on four occassions.

By the way, if anyone on this site has any knowledge of perjury laws, I'd be really grateful if you would PM me as I really need some advise. the police have been helpful but I fear they are not well practised in the avoidence of legal Corporate trickery.

many thanks

Spandavia

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Edinburgh and East | Bank manager in £21m loan fraud

FROM 1996 !!!!

A bank manager carried out a £21m fraud on his employers as they named him business manager of the year.

Donald Mackenzie, 45, admitted at the High Court in Edinburgh to taking loans over five years up to March 2004 from the Royal Bank of Scotland by fraud.

The father-of-two had been employed as a business manager at the bank's Princes Street branch in Edinburgh.

A judge deferred sentence on Mackenzie for a background report, but rejected a plea he be allowed to remain on bail. Mackenzie also pleaded guilty to stealing £37,170 between

I think you'll find that he worked for RBS not Bank of Scotland (as stated in the thread title) - RBS is of course a completely separate organisation.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

I felt sorry for that bank manager - he didnt steal £21m he basically gave loans to people without getting the proper credit approval internally. Some of the loans went bad and he was found out. No doubt he was under huge pressure to sell from his employers and it all spiralled out of control. The £37k he was accused of stealing was because he recd a higher bonus based on the amount of forged loans he granted. Whilst he was on bail I heard he was working in an Edinburgh supermarket stacking shelves - quite a come down. He also lost his bank pension, was divorced and is basically left with nothing....

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Any chance a member of site team could change the title to include the word "Royal" as Spandavia has issues with HBOS(not related to RBOS) Thanks.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf