New Bed Problem!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I wondered if I could have your advice please. I bought a new mattress last week, one of the body hugging visco elastic ones that cost me a fair bit. After sleeping on it for a few days I'm waking up in agony and the bed is clearly not for me. I did try it out in the shop and it seemed ok however but then how much can you tell from 10 mins lie down? I bought it as it was advertised as an ultimate back care mattress and I have back problems.

The shop concerned tell me 'no returns', do I have any other recourse?

I'm feeling sick that I spent so much money on something useless.

Any help appreciated!

Tricky one.

You could try the path of rejecting the goods as not fit for purpose, especially if you made the shop aware that you had a back problem and they specifically pushed you towards that mattress as the solution to your problem.

Which brand is the mattress? And what happened in the shop when you bought it? Did you follow advertising to make your decision or did you seek advice from a salesperson? The more info you give, the better we can advise you. ;-)

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

I asked if they had any memory foam mattresses as I really liked the idea of one. They had two and the salesman (who stuck to my side) said try those. I mentioned that i had had two slipped discs and he didn't make any recommendations just said try those and make sure you like it cos you can't bring it back once it's out of the plastic. The one I chose was comfy in the shop and I know these things take time to settle but I can't sleep on my new one any more! There's no make on the mattress just 'Restoflex Ultimate Backcare Mattresses', when I asked who made it I was told Kingsman.

The more I read my story the more I feel I've been a donkey! Maybe I could approach the manufacturer but I can't find any info on the net.

Should I just put it down to experience and try and sell it on maybe?

Thanks

Hmmm, in that case, I think you have little comeback, the salesman didn't try and push to a product or mis-sold it, he told you about choices, etc... I think you'd be hard pushed to say that you were coerced or forced into buying this particular product, there were no false promises, and you seemed to have bought what was your choice, so I'm afraid it's not looking good.

As a fellow back-sufferer, you have all my sympathy, especially as I have one got one of those memory foam mattresses too, cost me an absolute fortune, but has been worth every penny for me, but I know what it's like when you can't settle for a bad mattress! :-(

Thanks, yes it's a nightmare isn't it, especially when you think you've bought the best thing! Now I'm worrying about buying another bed :(

Appreciate your sympathy.

All the best.