Fraudulent Duplication of Signature onto CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hypothetical situation:

If I were to make a CCA request to a CC company, for example Mint. The CC then right back to me explaining that they cannot send the CCA as I didn't sign my request letter.

So if I got a colleague to sign it on my behalf, with a really silly signature, say for example 'Donald Duck', and the CCA returned to me as part of my request had the very same signature on it, hypothetically what would I do?

Is there a claim for compensation here? I know that Mint don't have the CCA that's been requested, so the debt is unenforcable. Hypothetically how would you punish Mint financially in these circumstances :)

I doubt that Royal Bank Of Scotland would do that as its fraudulent.

In the instance they can't find your CCA they will likely however send you a copy of the current agreement for new credit card accounts... and try and pass that off as your agreement.

Under the rules and regulations they can exclude in a CCA s78(1) request the signature, the signature box and date the document was signed.

In the event that you have problems with them, apply for a copy of the executed agreement by submitting a SAR under the Data Protection Act 1998 specifically requesting it. Then when they don't comply submit a claim to court for it to be produced (not a claim for money).

Then finally go to court to get the debt judged unenforceable.

I know that there was a court ruling recently that stated that a debt is not necessarily unenforceable if they haven't supplied the CCA request, so you have to be thorough - hence the need for the SAR request as well.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

I stand corrected. Come to think of it remember Paul Waltons case where his CCA was "recreated".

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.