Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Default Re: A & L - Enforcable Agreement???

A&L didn't take me to court... flogged the account out instead, after much arguing back & forth.... but then got it back somehow around a year later. They now say they are obliged to let me know of an amount alleged to be outstanding on their records every 6 months.

That was 6 months ago... so I should be getting another reminder soon.

Absolutely no court action though.... and I know there's no Agreement even if they tried anyway...

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2008

Hello again....Well, it seems I'm back again...All of this went quiet for a considerable time. I moved around and heard nothing until a few weeks ago. I don't really want to write back to them as it will confirm my address and then I think I'll get an avalanche of threats

The alleged debt has been sold on again (it's been through at least four different companies), I won't say to whom as I don't really want them to find this thread if I can help it. Suffice to say that it is a company that is current issuing Stat Demands like candy!!!

My current position means that I really can't risk that - I would basically get kicked out of where I lived if that happened.

I was trying to stay under the radar but to no avail....

So my questions are:I'm thinking of just starting from stratch and issuing a CCA Requesticon to begin with a see what happens - Good idea? I'll also add in the door step collectionicon and telephone bit.I could point to the continued dispute as I have to others in the past -

They then went away - Better idea?There is definately PPIicon on the alleged account - Should I start a claim for that or wait until I see what the collector says in response to my letter?

I've had a copy of an unenforceable agreement in the past but I think it would be worth requesting from these guys as well to see what (if anything) they have.I really don't want to respond but I don't think I have much option......Just when you think they have gone away, they are back again...Thanks so much much...M

** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m
    Follows
    Following

They obviously have your address, so whether you confirm it or not.. they will continue to send letters.

IMHO, you need to send a CCA Requesticon. Who did you send the original one to.. Original creditor or another DCAicon ?

I think that should be the basis of your initial contact - that you have previously made a legitimate and legal request and as such the account is in disputeicon for non compliance of an s78 request.

That rather than fulfill the request, previous DCAs have returned the account where it is then passed on yet again.

You would not really be able to send the telephone harassment or do not visit me letters without revealing your new address, sadly

Have they made contact by telephone yet ?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donatehttp://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ages/link3.gif through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library
    Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi,I think you're right - A simple CCA should do the trick. The other one was from the OC but was missing pages, T&C that didn't come from the original, loads of stuff wrong with it.Unfortunately, they did manage to track me down - I did really well for ages..LOLLet's see what they have and go from there. You never know, they migh go away like the others did....Thanks again C....M

** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

I've decided - I'll simply CCA them first. See what they have if anything and then go from there.If, and it's a big if, they come up with something then I will inform them that this has been in dispute for ages and send them copies of the paperwork and also involve trading Standards, OFT, fosicon and anyone else I can think of. At that point I think I will go for PPIicon reclaim and at least minimise the amount they can claim......It's not much of a plan, but it's a plan non the less....;0)Hope you agree....;0)M

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi,

Been a long time since I posted on this but I have a quick question.
    This is long since statute barredicon and I've heard nothing for years. However, part of the reason it escalated so badly was the amount of PPIicon I was paying.
    My question is:
    Should I attempt to reclaim and risk this being raised from the dead and them pursuing me again or leave well alone? Anyone else done anything like that????
    Thanks guys.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jun 2010

If it was me, i would leave it alone.

Basic Account Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Hobbit View Post
    If it was me, i would leave it alone.
    Too late for that... the complaint is in!

Basic Account Holder

Hi,

Well I didn't leave it alone and guess what... a big old four figure cheque!!!! No mention of any old debts, no argument, nothing. Just upheld and paid... So, you see its always worth a try. Another one WON!!

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jun 2010

Good for you Multay. Goes to show sometimes it is worth picking at a scab.

if its statute barredicon then the likely hood is they will claim the PPIicon is too...

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

No, they didn't put up any kind of a fight at all. Accepted the complaint, paid me by cheque... I was amazed but given that the accounts have x hanged hands so many times I guess that it's hard to consolidate to two parts...

Follows
    Following

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details