Issues with Insurance Policy

veester
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have (had should i say) a car insurance policy with NUD.

There were issues with my DD and when i got in touch with NUD was told my policy was cancelled and i had to buy another one from new. :???:

This cost me £130 up front plus the cost per month.

2 months later,again, issues with the DD from my bank and my policy has been cancelled, despite me trying to reinstate i am being told i have to buy a new policy from scratch. :o

So, i paid £130 for nothing?????? :mad:

Veester

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." -- Joshua J. Marine‏ ;)

Better than the truth itself is truthful living.

Hi Veester.

If your direct debit agreement is Cancelled by the bank ( either by yourself or an error by the bank) or NU were unable to take funds it is possible that your policy will be cancelled due to non payment.

However, normally 2 warning letters are sent BEFORE a Notice of cancellation is sent. Did you not recieve any of these?

Have you moved address recently and forgotten to inform NU?

In response to your comments about paying for nothing, I'm presuming the fee paid was your deposit? therefore this charge will have covered you for 2 months of insurance. ( no cancellation fee applies if NU cancel your policy due to non payment of dd's - they simply cancel from your paid upto date)

Hope this helps, When you called up the first time ( when you advise there were no issues with the dd) what were you informed?

I certainly did not get to cancellation letters - nothing at all.

No No - i've lived at my address for over a year.

I was advised that i could not reactivate my policy, i.e. make a back payment of the DD missed and continue my payments from the next month.

Veester

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." -- Joshua J. Marine‏ ;)

Better than the truth itself is truthful living.

Guest Aviva Support

hi veester

My name is Becca Sibley and I work within the customer experience team at NU - I'd be happy to look at what has happened for you if you'd like to email me details, my address is [email protected]

Thanks

Becca

• 4 weeks later...