The Mortgage Corporation PPI thru Cassidy Davis Underwriting [LLoyds]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In the late 1980's early 1990's we had a mortgage with a company called "The Mortgage Corporation" who occupied some large buildings in Woking in Surrey .

The mortgage itself at the time was a sub-prime mortgage and consequently the rate ot interest we were charges was extortionate .

I have heard that we can pursue a claim against this company for compensation in respect that it was possibly mis-sold , however , we have one problem !

Does anybody know who took them and their customers records over and where we can write to them ?

Hi Spursflyer and welcome to cag :)

I have tried different avenues to research The Mortgage Corporation and they all come back to this company

The Mortgage Corporation

C/O Wilmington Trust SP Services (London) Ltd

Tower 42

Level 11

125 Old Broad Street

London

C2N 1HQ

Company registration No. 01759546

I think you need to confirm with them that it is the mortgage corporation in woking that they are incorporating in their large international company.

Hi Wino ,

I have managed to track this back thanks to some guy at Wilmington referring me back to the FSA . I gave them a call and they checked their records and this is how it all unfolds :-

The Mortgage Corporation Direct Ltd

Dukes Court ,

Woking ,

Surrey

This company was a trading name of :-

Brittanic Money Investments Services Ltd

According to FSA records .

Who were owned by :-

Brittanic Assurance PLC

Who in September 2005 merged to become :-

Resolution PLC

Who on 1st May 2008 were sold to :-

Pearl Group Ltd in Peterborough

I hope the Pearl have got some money put aside for a few good claims !

Good luck spursflyer ;)

Don't forget to keep us informed on how you get on. It will help others in the same boat as you. :)

Good Progress With This !

I have just phoned Phoenix who oversee the Britannic Assurance division of The Pearl Group who gave me a number for "The Mortgage Trust" . On calling them they managed to trace my mortgage roll number with The Mortgage Corporation Direct Ltd and I have requested a copy of the original mortgage agreement which they are going to send me . If anyone else wants to call them their number is :- 0800 550 551 .

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Spursflyer,

I too am pursing the Mortgage Corporation. I have just spoken the the Financial Ombudsman Service and they advised me to get the SIB number from the endowment policy provider. The SIB number identifies the financial advisor who miss-sold the endowment policy. But I am also going after the Mortgage Corporation if they sold me a sub-prime mortgage ! So it would really be helpful to know if Spursflyer was successful in any shape or form.

Best Regards

• 1 year later...
Good Progress With This !

I have just phoned Phoenix who oversee the Britannic Assurance division of The Pearl Group who gave me a number for "The Mortgage Trust" . On calling them they managed to trace my mortgage roll number with The Mortgage Corporation Direct Ltd and I have requested a copy of the original mortgage agreement which they are going to send me . If anyone else wants to call them their number is :- 0800 550 551 .

Hi I know it is a few years ago but how did you get on with your claim against the Mortgage Corporation? I had a mortgage with The Mortgage Corporation in the late 80's and ended up paying over 15% interest. I called The Mortgage Trust as mentioned in your thread but I did not have the same response from them as you did as they said that all the records they would have held would have been destroyed after 6years and consequently they could not trace me in their records.

I notice that you posted your thread in 2008 and The Mortgage Corporation had already not been in existence for more than 6 years at that time and they found your records. It makes me think that they are not prepared to look for my records. Unfortunately I no longer have my mortgage account number. I would appreciate any advice anyone may have.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just shredded correspondence to Eversheds Solicitors acting for the Mortgage Corporation showing full settlement of a reduced debt in full. This was back in 2001. I then stumble across this site. It seems that I wasn't the on;y one to suffer at the hands of The Mortgage Corporaration. It cost me my marriage of 25 years and bankruptcy. Do I have a claim ?

• 1 year later...

My dealing with The Mortgage Corporation span the years from 1988 to 2001 where I was paying up to 15.65% on my mortgage.

You guys have done all the legwork by the look of things here.

I have a question. Do I just write to Pearl group ltd in Peterborough and just ask for some money back?

Seems to me it can't be that simple.

And how old is this posting? My writings are here september 2015.

My dealing with The Mortgage Corporation span the years from 1988 to 2001 where I was paying up to 15.65% on my mortgage.

You guys have done all the legwork by the look of things here.

I have a question. Do I just write to Pearl group ltd in Peterborough and just ask for some money back?

Seems to me it can't be that simple.

And how old is this posting? My writings are here september 2015.

Hello and welcome to CAG. All the posts are dated; the thread started in 2008 and the post before yours was in 2014. It might be better to start your own thread.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Many thanks HoneyBee13. I see the dates now.. My Bad sorry.

I'll give a couple of days as it only took you a couple of hours to spot my posting.

Seriously considering one of those professional PPI types to chase this one down for me.

Thanks for the guidance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi,

I had a mortgage with the mortgage corporation from 1990-1998. I have traced them to the present day in the guise of :-

Mortgage Trust Ltd.

51 Homer Road,

Solihull,

West Midlands,

B91 3QJ.

I had PPI arranged through the mortgage corporation and am trying to claim this back. I have gone thru' the claims process myself with Mortgage trust and they say that because cases prior to Jan 2005 fell within a non-regulated sale environment they do not have any liability. When I took my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman service (FOS), they confirmed that this was the case.

They did however state that I could take the complaint to the insurance underwriter (the insurance company who actually provided the cover) and the FOS would be happy to help if I had problems with them. Here lies my problem.

I do not have any details of the insurance underwriters who the mortgage corporation dealt with in the 1990's as I was never sent any documentation.

If any body out there has their ppi policy details, I would be very grateful if you could provide me with the name and possibly the address of the insurers used by the Mortgage corporation in the 1990's

Many Thanks,

jxgrgs

• 5 months later...
I had a mortgage from 1990 to 1996 with the mortgage corporation and managed to get my endowment refunded but it was only what I had put in .

Could I have had PPI with this as well ?

Hi we had a mortgage with them from 1988-1998.

I went down the line of the financial ombudsman but looking at the company who sold it to us not the mortgage company, and got no where.

I hope you see this and can advise me how you managed to get any refund.

I have just applied for PPI and I'll post when I know more.

Hi,

I had a mortgage with the mortgage corporation from 1990-1998. I have traced them to the present day in the guise of :-

Mortgage Trust Ltd.

51 Homer Road,

Solihull,

West Midlands,

B91 3QJ.

I had PPI arranged through the mortgage corporation and am trying to claim this back.

I have gone thru' the claims process myself with Mortgage trust and they say that because cases prior to Jan 2005 fell within a non-regulated sale environment they do not have any liability.

When I took my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman service (FOS), they confirmed that this was the case.

They did however state that I could take the complaint to the insurance underwriter (the insurance company who actually provided the cover) and the FOS would be happy to help if I had problems with them.

Here lies my problem.

I do not have any details of the insurance underwriters who the mortgage corporation dealt with in the 1990's as I was never sent any documentation.

If any body out there has their ppi policy details, I would be very grateful if you could provide me with the name and possibly the address of the insurers used by the Mortgage corporation in the 1990's

Many Thanks,

jxgrgs

Hi you have been so helpful to me with the address for The mortgage Company I now have a gift for you. Been the border I am I have our 'payment protection plan' certificate sold as a ' Loyalty bonus!', and it's under written by:-

Cassidy Davis Underwriting Ltd at Lloyds of London

I have just rang Lloyds PPI line and they have taken our claim which is from 1992 - 1998,

I thought they were the best option rather than chasing 'The Mortgage Corporation'.

I am hoping the person who posted last year can give some advice regarding the endowment claim as I failed with the ombudsman as I directed it towards the financial advisors who, surprisingly, were no longer in business!

Good Luck and hope this helps

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I hope you are all well. We had an endowment mortgage with the Mortgage Corporation from December 1986 through to June 1995, then went to Nationwide. We were steered towards the endowment mortgage with the Mortgage Corporation with the promise that in 25 years time we would have enough money in the endowment to buy two new cars! Obviously this did not happen, when the policy matured in 2011 we had just over 20K to pay off our mortgage. Can I now, at this late stage, peruse a claim for miss-sold endowment? I would appreciate any help here. I have found the financial advisor who sold us this mortgage on Linkedin.